「 here comes the sun 」

[ VOLUME THREE ]

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX;
here comes the sun... in the form of a girl

[ DECEMBER TWENTY-FIFTH, 95' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'I cannot see what flowers are at my feet,
Nor what soft incense hangs upon the boughs,
But, in embalmed darkness, guess each sweet
Wherewith the seasonable month endows
The grass, the thicket, and the fruit-tree wild;
White hawthorn, and the pastoral eglantine;
Fast fading violets cover'd up in leaves;
And mid-May's eldest child,
The coming musk-rose, full of dewy wine,
The murmurous haunt of flies on winter eves.'

        "I'm so jet-lagged from Italy, " Hermione groaned; having arrived at dinner, she still had snow in her hair, and her face was pink with cold.

"You are — why?" Hera asked sympathetically, helping Sirius lay the table with cutlery.

"Because I just came back from Italy... "
Hermione puzzled.

Sirius coughed, laughter taking over him as a flush came over Hera's cheeks.

"—I came on the Knight Bus, " Hermione continued at dinner, which Hera was unusually silent at — save for an embarrassed look to Sirius, who could not stop laughing every time she met his eyes.

"Dumbledore told me what had happened first thing this morning, but I had to wait for term to end officially before setting off. Umbridge is already livid that you lot disappeared right under her nose, even though Dumbledore told her Mr Weasley was in St. Mungo's, and he'd given you all permission to visit. So... "

Despite their talk just a few days prior, Harry now seemed to be shutting her out again — for reasons that would prove themselves trivial...

"Harry! Tell me you did not kiss Cho?"
Hermione breathed as though speaking it made it that much worse.

"Err... yeah, I did, " Harry said bluntly,
"What's so bad about that?"

"You remember the Yule Ball, don't you?" Hermione seemed irritated she had to spell it out to him.

"I wish I didn't, " Ron mumbled, Harry, nodding too, as he shared his sentiments.

"Cho went with Cedric, and Hera was— "

"She's fine. We all saw the photos the next day — she and Cedric obviously found some way to make up. "
Harry's face screwed up, something between disgust and exasperation, "If she had a problem... "