「 wilted and faded 」

[ VOLUME ONE ]

CHAPTER THREE;
wilted and faded

[ AUGUST SEVENTH, 93' ]

Hera Potter,

♱

'the grief that came in waves that rolled
I navigated through
the fire from my wish as wind
to future trip to malibu
now everything I have is perfect
nothing much to do
just perfect florals
green embroidered chairs
one dress to choose'

CW: mentions of drug/alcohol abuse.

           Embarrassment and guilt were the most prominent of the many things that lingered on my mind day by day. I hated the feeling that came with worrying my friends with all the awful situations I put myself in.
I'd slept in many beds over the years - none truly being mine as I'd never found a place that felt inviting enough. It was hard for me to handle the weight of burdening my friends and their families; I knew they all wouldn't mind if I had stayed at theirs but I hated that constant reminder of how I would never be accepted in a place that should've been my home.

I wasn't cared for, loved or supported at the Dursley's house, and it was my parent's demise that had lead to me being in their hands at all. I'd been about, staying many places and with people who in hindsight, make me wonder how I never woke with a knife in my back.

I found relief whenever I was out of reach of the Dursley's, so anywhere could feel comforting enough, but none felt as welcoming in my heart as the Weasley's and Angelina Johnson and her family. The Johnson's were good people and not the type of good the Dursley's would present themselves as but kind-spirited, with every member of that family treating me and caring for me as their own. Their home had become a place of solace to me.
Her mother would kiss my cheek along with Angelina's when she said goodnight and her father would greet me happily and hug me as if I was family, both of which I appreciated more than they would ever know.

Anthony, who was better known as Tony, took a bit longer to approve of me. Angelina reiterated it was nothing personal and that he was just a moody teenager who spent all day in his room smoking. But once we too adopted the cliche of sullen adolescents, we found that we sympathised a great deal more.
It was actually through Tony we first learned to smoke; not willingly of course, to this day he still has no idea of what we would get up to and that we were the reason all his drugs and shit went missing.