「 killing time, unwillingly mine 」

[ VOLUME FOUR ]

CHAPTER NINETY-FOUR;
killing time, unwillingly mine

[ DECEMBER FIFTH, 96' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'Under blue moon, I saw you. Soon you'll take me
Up in your arms, too late to beg you.
Unwillingly mine, through the thick and the thin,
He will wait until you give yourself to him.
In starlit nights, I saw you so cruelly,
You kissed me. Your lips, a magic world
Your sky, all hung with jewels.
The killing moon will come too soon

Fate, up against your will
Through the thick and thin
He will wait until you give yourself to him.
Under blue moon, I saw you
So soon you'll take me
Up in your arms, too late to beg you
Or cancel it, though I know it must be
The killing time. Unwillingly mine'

          Hera did not know why she felt so giddy all of a sudden, though was certain the cause ran a fair bit deeper than the usual Christmas spirit.
Snow was swirling against icy windows once more, with winter well underway.

She decided against calling the house to talk to Sirius and settled further onto the sofa — sprawled across with her head resting on Alicia's.

At that moment a draft made its way across the room and Allie wasted no time in pointing her wand at the fireplace so that it ignited at once, bathing the room in a pleasant golden glow.
Though a large vase of flowers had been placed on a desk in front of the small window, their perfume could not disguise the lingering smell of what Harry thought was gunpowder.

In comparison to the first time Hera had been a visitor to Fred and George's place, they seemed to have finally found a place for the clutter inside the many unmarked, sealed cardboard boxes.
With this new surplus of floor space, they found they could go all out with Christmas decorations — garlands of holly and tinsel had been twisted around the bannisters of the stairs, taped to any shelving in sight; everlasting candles glowed from inside cauldrons set about the corners of each room.

Similarly to how it had been arranged at school, great bunches of mistletoe had been hung at intervals along the hallway.
When Hera and the Twins learned of Harry's great difficulty going between classes mistletoe-free, they took great excuse for hilarity in the necessity of these detours. Large groups of girls tended to converge underneath the mistletoe bunches every time Harry went past, the effect of which caused blockages in the corridors that were made known even as far as London Town.