「 tripartite soul 」

[ VOLUME THREE ]

CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT;
tripartite soul

[ JANUARY FOURTEENTH, 96' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'Somethin' there is about you
That strikes the match in me
Is it the way your body moves
Or is it the way your hair blows free?
Or is it because you remind me
Of somethin' that used to be?
Somethin' that's crossed over
From another century

Suddenly I found you
And the spirit in me sings
Don't have to look no further
You're the soul of many things
I could say that I'd be faithful
I could say it in one sweet, easy breath
But to you that would be cruelty
And to me it surely would be death'

It wasn't the nicest feeling, to be surrounded by people and then to have no one, but Sirius seemed to used to it — indifferent even.
True to her word, Hera had stayed with Sirius behind closed doors for almost three days after everyone had left.

Their time together was natural enough for it to become one long blur of not wanting anything to end. For the most part, they hadn't done anything that would've stuck out; it was all Sirius making up for the little time he hadn't been able to help Hera defend herself over the holidays.
She supposed she could've gone to Remus if she had been that keen to practise over the holidays, but her desperation was the reason she went to Sirius in the first place. Were it not for Remus' absence, Hera might not have ever become Sirius' friend, so that was one thing to forgive him for.

Hera and Sirius would duel, then drink, and maybe duel once more, spurred on by the alcohol that left a kind of suggestiveness in the air when they 'fought'.
The first night she slept at home, figuring he'd appreciate his own company for a change after the turn of events that was their winter break. When she came back the next day, Hera and Sirius would not leave each other alone, and so the next two nights, she stayed in his house.
Half expecting Fred and George to leave something in the room they'd stayed in to prank her, Hera was pleasantly surprised to see Molly had forced them to clean after themselves.

Hera took a deep breath, pausing outside the door as she reached for it, calling his name from the entrance with food in hand.

She made her way along the corridor, carrying one of those thin plastic food bags to the end where the kitchen basement was, talking to Sirius and partly to herself,
"I got the chips and pita — You know I was talking astrophysics with this guy outside the Deli, and I think it's something I should really consider... " Hera chuckled to herself, faltering momentarily when a stately looking witch in an emerald-green shawl inclined her head.