「 i can fly 」

[ VOLUME ONE ]

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN;
i can fly

[ JUNE SIXTH, 94' ]

Hera Potter,

♱

'I had bright wishes in the summer,
I was bathing in sunlight
Painting in the garden
like a ghost in mid-July
Running fast from something
with my eyes wide like
Saucers spinning in the sun

Your lies were hot kisses in the summer
I was dreaming of a lake
Dreaming of the water
where I'd rise like a phoenix
Or an iron from the fire
I've got things to tell you
like I know that you're a liar'

        Time manipulation was an exciting thing.
We pushed the cupboard door open, peering around the side before walking down the cobble-stone steps. The shadows were lengthening underneath us, tiny beams of warmth glittering the treetops with gold.

"If anyone's looking out of the window— " Hermione whimpered.

"We'll run for it, " Harry said determinedly, "Straight into the forest, all right? We'll have to hide behind a tree or something and keep a lookout— "

"Okay, but we'll go around by the greenhouses!" Hermione breathed, "We need to keep out of sight of Hagrid's front door, or we'll see us! We must be nearly at Hagrid's by now!"

Harry set off at a sprint with Hermione behind him. They tore across the vegetable gardens to the greenhouses, pausing for a moment to tell me to hurry up and then setting off again, skirting around the Whomping Willow and tearing toward the shelter of the forest...

Safe in the shadows of the trees, Harry turned around; seconds later, I arrived beside them, panting.

"We need to sneak over to Hagrid's... Keep out of sight, Hera. "

"Right," I gasped, ducking my slightly taller body by the pumpkin patch.

Hagrid had appeared in his doorway, shaking and white, looking around to see who had knocked. And Harry heard his own voice.

'It's us. We're wearing the Invisibility Cloak. Let us in, and we can take it off.'

'Yeh shouldn've come!' Hagrid stood back, then shut the door quickly.

"This is the weirdest thing we've ever done," Harry said fervently, "Let's move along a bit... "

"We need to get nearer to Buckbeak!" Hermione whispered.