2. Taking Charge

~police station.

A car stops Infront of the station.

Karan steps out of his car all dressed in his uniform.

He removing his goggles wear his cap.

Karan walks inside the station and stop Infront of the commissioners cabin.

Knocking the cabin door he enquiries his senior officer.

Karan: may I come in sir ?

Commissioner: come in...

Karan pushing the cabin door enters the cabin with a warm smile.

Commissioners eyes glitters seeing him a wide smile curves his lips , he stands up from his seat to look at the man standing Infront of him.

Karan gives a salute to commissioner.

Karan(saluting): Jai Hind Sir !

Commissioner salutes him back with a smile.

Commissioner: at last your here !
DCP Karan Luthra IPS.

Karan bows his head with a smile.

Commissioner opens his arms for a welcome hug for his favourite boy.

Karan smiles and walks in his arms. The arms that have always protected him, supported him in every thick and thin of his life. The strong arms which held him strong, made him strong . And the man he was hugging was the reason he was there today !

Commissioner pats his back comforting him and in a sign of engouragment.

Commissioner: I am proud of you !

Karan smiled looking at him . A smile of gratefulness, happiness,and one with respect.

Karan : that already make me feel like I conquered the whole world sir. Aap mujhse proud ho tho usse zyada kya ho sakte hai .

Both chuckles.

Karan bends down to take his blessings, commissioner Vikram keeps his hand on Karans head.

Taking the blessing he looks at his father like figure

Vikram: ya I am proud of you my son . But you have a lot to go Karan. Thume aab bhi bohat Kuch Karna baaki hai...

Commissioner walks back to his seat signing Karan to take the seat Infront.

Karan smiling sit Infront of him.

Vikram: abhi tho tum mere paas aaye ho...(leaves a sigh) Aab mujhe araam Karna hai ! Apne retirement se pehle ka do saal ko ache se guzarna hai... You are here I can do that. Because I know, who you are. How faithful , sincere, honest and committed you are towards your country and work.

Karan chuckles .

Karan: I will do my best sir !

Vikram: that's like my boy ! So kaab charge le rahe ho ?

Karan: Maine already charge le liya hai...

Vikram: huh?

Karan (nervous smile): But Karan Luthra style Mai....

Vikram let's a chuckle out and smiles wide.

Vikram: aahaa ! Yahi tho Mai Chahta tha... Mujhe laga he tha...tum apne thareeke bhoola nahi Hoga ! And that is what I want.

Karan: tho aap mujhe datoge Nahi ?

Vikram ( laughs): bilkul nahi pehle Mai isliye dattha tha kyunki usme thume khatra tha.... Lekin aab nahi... Aab thum the most wanted police officer ho ! And I am proud of it.