22. Moments To Cherish

Author's note at the end. Sorry not sorry... ( Refer the header for better imagination, I guess.)

I frown looking outside the window of car and then turn to face my fiancé in confusion. I have traveled through this road so it's like a little seen like. It's was one of the calmest and beautiful residential area of the city, Bhaiya told me that day when as passed this way. An area where anyone would love and enjoy living.

Well, now that's confusing, because way to our apartment doesn't ever have the need to cross this road, it was at the other end of city. So I question the man who's driving me god knows where.

Preeta: hum ja kaha rahe hain ?

Karan smiles at me taking another turn towards their destination. Well, there's a lot of turns around is what I noticed.

Karan: you'll see.

I pout and tilt my head again looking outside. But the curiosity in me doesn't let me sit properly. I look back at him making puppy eyes and perps again.

Preeta: batao na...

Karan gives me a tight smile and pins with a 'you are an idiot' look. I roll my eyes and turn back to look outside.

Karan: told you it's a surprise. Shant raho, you'll see yourself.

Leaving a sigh I cups my chin looking outside and grumble softly.

Preeta: fine....

My mind went to thousand different direction after then. What surprise could it be. Someone in person ? Some place to see, some shop to buy something ? Any of his friends ?... The thought carried on and I kept thinking on.

~ Karan ~

I was enjoying every bit of her desperation. The she's trying to divert her mind from thinking what it could be by changing the songs. The looks of hope she threw me so I would say what it was. But that'snt going to happen. I have worked so hard to keep it under sheets from her for the months now. From last one year I have kept it to myself too. True that sir knew about this when I started with it.

There was this thing, I never could really do anything without informing sir, especially when it came to my life decisions. So this was also known to him. He appreciated me for it and also told he was proud of me, and now it hurt knowing that he the first person to know about this wasn't here when it was coming true. I wish he was here to bless me and his daughter. But sad truth, we can't really help anything now.

Karan: close your eyes, meri jaan.

Preeta looks at me softly her eyes having that tenderness, the one I see whenever I call her 'meri jaan'. I know she loves it when I call that.

She frowns at me and rise her brows. Confusion clouding her and exciting growing in me.

Preeta: kyu?

I sigh and looks at her. She looks so curious each passing second. My stubborn cat. Full of questions all the time. But I love that.

Karan: karo !

I order her and she does, leaving a sigh and mumbling an okay to me. I chuckle and her expression, she was too cute when annoyed, that's the reason I like annoying her even more, note that.

Leaving a soft sigh, I look out slowly cutting the speed of the car. I smile at the man standing beside the gate and waves him a hand. He smiles and waves back.

As I look back stright through the windshield of my car, I see is the success of my hardwork along with blessings my parents left behind for me. The only memory I will have of them. This place hold a lot of memories of both, happiness and pain.