11. Identity

After their conversation on that day it's been hard for Karan to hide or take a peaceful breath , thinking of how would Preeta react if she gets to know ? will she understand him ? Amd even if he was doing right hiding it from her ? These questions and thoughts haunted his mind all day and night like never before. He was only thinking about her all the time because she really meant something for him. Truly a precious gift, his favourite person and only and only one who knew him inside out.

A couple of days passes by. Days going well and fine with Preeran like other beautiful days of theirs but Karan still not knowing anything of his action.

Untill one day morning.

A Thursday Early Morning.
3:30 A.M

Karan sleeping in his room peacefully when his phone rings. Startling in his sleep he get the phone. Seeing the caller ID he sits Properly and accept the call clearing his dry throat.

Karan: Yes Arun ! Karan here.

Arun: Sir. We are heading to the harbour. Today the stuffs will be shipped as of their plan.

Karan: are you guys safe ? Kaise ho thum ?

Before anything Karan is worried for his colleagues and their safety. He is such a kind and caring man to everyone around him. And one of the favourite to other officers who works under him.

The question is always asked by him whenever an officer calls him to inform about something new. And that brings a smile on Arun's face.

Why wouldn't it ? A person who is away from his family for last half an year , a man who gets very rear moment to contact his loved once is asked this question after days. That really gives a good feeling. Believe me ot does. Arun with a smile replies.

Arun: yes sir we are. Mai theek hu.

Karan: acha hai.

Arun:Hume kissine aaj tak nahi pehchana.

Karan: good. So aaj subah thak humare mission complete honge ?

Arun: yes sir Aaj subah 4 bhaje at the harbour. And apke saath jo ladki hai unka security strong karna hoga , ye log wohi plan follow kar rahe hai jo usdin Jay sir ne kaha tha.

Karan: matlab they are going to kidnap Preeta and make her their pawn to escape if caught ?

Arun : yes sir. And if they are not caught too they have no plan to free her. She's been targeted by someone too. Who is called bhai by them.

Karan: Bhai ?

Arun: yes sir , Bhai. Pata nahi ki woh kaun hai lekin he is someone who is only here for her. We tried our level best to find him but he never visited here nor headed something. Aur hume shaak ye hai ki he is in India and not here.

Karan (thinking): Okay. Thum Jatin aur Suresh ko inform karna ki Preeta ke ghar ke aas paas forces stand kare.

Arun: yes sir. I will inform.

Karan: good. Aur ship load kardi hai un logo ne ?

Arun: no sir. Its being loded. Agle adhe ghante mai hoga. 4 , 4:30 thak harbour pohachna hoga apko.

Karan: okay I'll be there. And make sure to inform any of the smallest changes that takes place.

Arun: yes sir.

Karan: okay.

Karan declines the call and gets himself dressed in casual dress. With a black t-shirt and joggers. He gets his revolver and keeps it behind hiding it by his shirt. Filling his pockets with spare bullet he puts his ear pods and the his watch.