10. Living The Moment

Karan finds no words to answer. But the first thought comes when he thought about the mission was her. Them , their friendship his only closest bond.

Karan looks at Jay his senior officer who was looking at him and nodes gulping his saliva in before he spoke.

Karan: good sir..

Jay nodes and smiles at him , he asks Karan to sit. Karan sits making his mind to Focus on him for now.

Jay: Karan you have 6 more months for this mission. Jitna time hai utna risk bhi.

Karan: I know sir. I'm working on it.... It's my duty sir and for me my duty comes first.

Jay with a smile pats his back.

Jay: I know that and thats the reason why I chose you for this. Mujhe pata hai thum kaise ho.

Karan smiles at him back. He is Karan Luthra IPS. His first responsibility is his duty to serve his country and his people. For that he does anything and everything. He is a country man who does anything for his people.

Cracking UPSC exam with the highest ranks all over the country in the very first attempt and in a young age. He joined Hyderabad, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy for his further training. Getting an excellent results and ranks there too in his training period and all the phases he easily with all the hardwork , determination and risk pawed his way to his dreams of following his fathers way.

Karan's dream was to be like his father, to serve the country like his father did. Achieving it , his only dream was to protect his country. From small cases to big undercover missions of the country he is one of the most viewed officer. An officer known for his loyalty , duty , responsibility and respect.

Karan looks at jay who is going through the files on which he is been working. He is a man of responsibility and he knows that. Tho he forgot they met for the mission he didn't forget she was his part of mission and responsibility.

Jay looking through impressed looks at him , he stands there and glances his watch. It's already half past 3 and Preeta would already be waiting for him and that makes him worried for her. He takes his phone thinking to text her but drops as Jay speaks.

Jay: so Karan thume pata haina jo bhi hai , she's your responsibility. Humare mission hai ye. Thum uske saath he ho na ?

Karan: yes sir , mai uske saath he hu. Searching for a house close to her residence I ended up being a tenant in the same house.

Jay: woh acha hua. Tho we already have a full protection for her.

Karan: yes sir.

Jay: thume ye bhi yaad rakhna hai Karan , jo bhi hai humare beech ka he hai. Woh kabhi bhi ye baat nahi jana chahiye ki thum ek undercover cop ho aur thum uske security reasons ke liye yaha ho. Got it ?

Karan: yes sir. I'll make sure she doesn't know about this.

Jay: you should atleast till the end of this mission.

Karan nodes , Jay blinking his eyes turns back the files closing it and placing it back where Karan had kept it.

Karan : Sir , may I ask you something ? Agar aap bata sakte hai tho.

Jay : sure.

Karan: woh lahai kaun ? Who is she ? Usse itna high security ke zaroorat kya hai ?

Jay: woh...

Jay gets stopped by a call. Seeing the call from the US embassy he leaves from there in a hurry not answering the question.

Karan sits back in his chair and leave a sigh.