26. Reopening the Ruins

D.C.P'S OFFICE.

"Why is Vikram Arora files not in my shelf ?" He questioned, tone serious and brisk.

"Sir we moved them to the store room." The constable answered.

Deep frown caressed Karan's forehead as he signed the words in. Putting the file he held down on to the table, he looked stright into the eyes of officer standing infront of his desk. The gaze intense and brooding like the officer has just blunted some foolishness.

Locking his fingers together and resting it in the table, he tilted his head in question, "Why would you keep an ongoing case's file in the store room ?" His tone deep and cold, demanding an answer.

The officer's eyes looked back at him from the floor as he repeated Karan's word, "Ongoing ?"

Karan's fingers curled and he left a sigh furious to even hear the confusion and the question.

"Ofcorse it is ongoing." He implied, anger simring his veins suddenly. To calm himself down he stood off the seat. His eyes still on the officer, shooting daggers as he continued, "Why would it be closed ? Did I sign the final report ?" He lifts his chin, knowing well No is the answer.

"No sir."

"Did Ram sir sign the final report ?" He questioned again knowing that was also not the case.

"No." Nodded the constable.

Giving a tight smile he stood bracing his arms wide on the edges of table. "De we even finish the report properly, Mr. Dutta ?" He questioned, his tone harsh as thron on rose and his eyes cold as ice.

Because the thought of missing an evidence. Even a piece of paper or an alphabet in those report meant alot to him. It felt like a single fault could burn him down.

Nodding again he started,"No sir, we didn't finish--"

Before the constable could complete his words he was cut down by Karan's roar. "Then why in the hell is it in the store room ? When it's clearly destined to be in my shelf ?"

The constable almost flinched at that. It's not like he has never seen Karan loose his clam. But on small thing like this Karan was the most patient and understanding. But now he didn't know why his senior was reacting too harshly. It was just a file and it's not like they disposed they just kept it aside.

But only if her knew how much that man on the file meant to Karan he would understand his reaction.

"I'm sorry sir. I didn't -"

Karan, shaking his head and heaving a sigh stopped him. "Cut the crap and go get me each and every file of Vikram Arora from there. Each and Every. All the pictures, papers, reports everything there is. If I find anything missing you'll have to pay for the nuisance you made." Karan warned, his demeanor as cold as his features.

"Yes sir" gulping in sudden fear, the constable left the cabin.

Twisting his wrists together Karan seated himself back on his chair sighing softly.

"It's all so hectic. Bhagwan." He murmured looking up at the ceiling.

Hoping he can find something about the accident of his father figure. His father in law.

"Why is your cas as twisted as your daughter, sir ?" Karan murmured to himself while he turned another page of Vikram's file as read them.

The constable was quick at his part and the files were bought back to Karan's cabin in next half an hour after he left.

Karan was quick to start with the reading of the case as soon as he completed submitting the last report he had to, to his senior.