25. Their Normalcy

Mornings have significance. It's the point we embark newness. It's where you embrace beginnings. The rays of sun raising hope through its light.

Morning actually is optimistic.

But for many it's not, to them mornings are tiering, it's a wake up call from their dreamy sleep. They see it as start of another day where all they have to do is fullfil whatever is on their way, yet after fulfilling you'd find them unhappy. They wake up early, get ready go to  school or work or perhaps just have to.

And that's why we say what we see is not always the truth, perhaps it's just and illusion and a perspective for sure.

Today, this morning for Karan seems as beautiful as the dawn in it self. It feels  bright, beautiful and even after widely woken from his sleep, he feels dreamy, with his lady love sleeping in his arms. Her face glowing like a star, a calm smile pleasing her plump pink lips, the small button like nose leaving comfort breathes.

Just a glance of her face has him smiling all wide. He haven't thought of a morning like this. Sure, lately he did want these scenes to be true.  But he still couldn't believe this was happening. Two years back if someone would have said him he would be married to a women he loved the most, he would have laughed gasping for air.

But today here he is. Cherishing each moment he's taking breath beside her.

"How would I ever live without you ?" He whispers into her hair pressing a kiss.

"You would never live without me, Karan. I'm within you, mere jaan." She smiled, replying softly in murmurs still dazed in sleep.

"You are awake ?" He frowned down at her face. She blinked uncomfortably, taking in her time to adjust with the bright sunlight piercing her eyes.

Karan seeing her struggle moved over her, hovering her body with his. Angling himself to shield her from the sunlight. Which bought a soft smile on her lips. His small gesture surely had big impact on her.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to rest his forehead against her's before closing her eyes back.His lips curved in the corners while hands moved around her bare waist. His eyes with all the softness in the world gazing her face.

"You look pretty like this." He mumbled against her lips before pecking the corner of her red lips.

"Like what ?" She questioned, opening her eyes back to flash him a grin.

He smirked while his eyes darkened as he dipped his face low into the crook of her neck, whispering, "Bare, uncovered with nothing between us, in my arms." He touched the mark on her neck, a proud smile on his lips as he added, "Each inch of your skin marked as mine."

Leaving her gasping, his hands moved from her bare shoulder to the tips of her fingers, lacing his with hers. He sighed, in relief or in realisation, "God, you look so like mine, Preeta."

He bought their laced hands onto the pillow, pinning it there close to her head and tilting his head, while blinking softly at her, "Pretty isn't what you are. You look like mine."

Breathlessly she nodded at him agreeing with him that she was indeed his. Which she truly was.

"Do you know what you look like ?" She questioned, pushing him on his back, making him startled.

Preeta effortless hovered him and pinned her palms against the pillow and that had his eyes wide.

Smiling sweetly she moved closed to his ears whispering, "You look like a real begger. Hair all the way spread and totally wasted."

His eyes widened in realisation and when he got into action he was too late. Because his wife has already left the bed taking the sheets with her and was now laughing at him. Standing beside the bed.