8. Meet

Preeta looking the full moon closes her eyes holding the chain which had a pedant of half heart , which read "FRIEND".

On the other side Karan looking at the white plain celling closes his eyes keeping the pedant of his chain close to his heart. The pedant read "BEST".

As their eyes gets closed a small smile curves their lips with a pure flash running in their minds.

1 year back.

San Francisco , California US.

A girl in light blue shade anarkali , her loose hair resting on her shoulder. A long plain silk dupatta around her neck walks out of a room with a bag on her right shoulder , reading her watch.

" Maasi , I'm leaving! "

A women around 45 comes out with a smile looking at her.

Aavi: inti jaldi kyu jana hotha hai thujhe Preeta ?

Preeta smiles looking at her.

Preeta: maasi ! I have to go , mujhe Library jana hai lectures shuru hone se pehle.

Aavi: Preeta Thu bhi na. Last year hai college ke aur thu aab bhi books ko he pasand karte hai !

Preeta leave a sigh and puts her hand on aavi's shoulder.

Preeta: apko pata haina how much I love reading books. Aur humare library mai itne sare romantic novels hai and now there is separate corner for these.

Preeta walks to dining table and drinks her juice looking at her.

Aavi: thu ithne saare romantic novel padthe ho lekin kissi ke saath romance tho nahi karthi ! Phir padke kya phaida ??

Preeta: isliye tho padthi hu.

Aavi: pagal ladki !

Both laughs , aavi maasi shakes her head and in disbelief with a smile seeing her.

Preeta has always been an bookworm her all time friend is books. Since childhood reading has been her love tho be any book and being studios because she loves reading any sought of books. But as she grew her interests were more on romantic novels. She enjoyed the genre a lot. Being in college library , was a routine she followed from last 3 years.

Preeta: aab mai jati hu. Last year ka first day hai and I am excited.

Aavi chuckles.

Aavi: haha ja ! Lekin raath ko no poetry night haa... Patha haina thume kya kaha papa ne ?

Preeta (smiles): I know maasi aur mai koyi poetry nahi jayegi aaj.

Aavi: acha hai ! aur aaj woh tenant bhi araha hai maine kaha tha na kal .

Preeta: haa jo mere samne wale room occupie karega na ?

Aavi: haa !

Preeta: kab ?

Aavi : pata nahi... Lekin aaj ayega zaroor !

Preeta just nodes her head with smiles and walks out giving her hug.

Preeta walks out of the dining area looking down keenly into her book , but her hold on the book she had in her hand tightened when she collided with someone and was taken aback.

Preeta slowly opens her eyes feeling two strong arms on her supporting her strongly.

Her hair fully bounced and as a result covered her face , her hand clutched on to the person's cloth tightly.