30. Dil wale Diwali

~two months later~

"What are you doing here?" Preeta's husband asked as he walked into the dinning room, where she was having Maggi noodles, the ends hanging as her lips pulled it into her mouth. 

"I'm eating." She shrugged, spooning the fork full and stuffing it in her mouth.

"Aah, sorry that I am blind." He shot sarcastically with matching smile.

Giving him a scowl, she spooned another huge one and pushed it into her mouth hungrily desperate. She's been feeling overly sensitive, overly hungry and also angry lately. Everything she eats didn't fill her tummy much and everything she heard made her cry, last day she even wanted to cry seeing the blood that fascinated her.

"Better get yourself treated, I don't want a blind as husband." She commanded.

"Noted, ma'am." He said, holding her hands up in surrender.

But as he walked into the kitchen, to make tea for them his eyes went wide seeing the kitchen's condition. Three bowls kept bear the sink, two pan which seemed soiled and a sauce pan which she probably used to make the noodles still staying uncleaned in the sink.

Turning his head back he looked at her who was still festing the noodle like it was the only food she got after ages. But more shocked seeing the kitchen. His wife who had OCD, was now the opposite. She was messy, reckless, and cleanliness? That came to pay her a visit once in a week unlike earlier.

Her behaviour these last days confused the hell out of him. But he couldn't do anything.

"Good Morning!" The cheery voice of Vikram echoed the open kitchen.

Karan who started washing the dishes, turned around to flash his father-in-law a smile.

Preeta gushed at him and beckoned him to sit beside her. And her father happily did.

Vikram who come back here two months back, with the rescue done by his son-in-law law was staying with them in their house. Preeta didn't budge from not letting him go, and there are was no one who'd be his company even if he went back to their mansion. So settling in with his daughter and her husband seemed better than best for him too.

Preeta, who was shocked by the arrival of her father more than surprised, took a whole week to believe she wasn't having a dream. Because it felt like one. The one you believe was gone coming back wasn't something a normal human could take. She too didn't. But after being around him for months now, it all fell back into place.

The media and country went havoc when Karan and his team addressed the matter. Many questions and lots of doubts, but still went well and everything was settled in better than he'd thought. The team that had kidnapped Vikram was arrested, and the people in Italy who'd done this too was arrested by authorities Luca has taken charge of it.

It was all for letting a prisoner out, an Italian pedlar who'd been caught in Mumbai and was then in prison. But before they could start their threats  the prisoner had died in the cell due to ill health and excessive drug addiction. So all the wanted was to take revenge by torturing Vikram and never letting him go.

But alas, they had a bad luck with it because, Vikram's daughter's husband was a clever man. And none could escape from his gaze.