21.Surprises of Life

Preeta had her eyes fixed infront of her.Gazing the calm sea and the sun drowning down the horizon in utmost peace and relaxation. After alot of months precisely to be said, after six months now, she could feel this clamness.

Comfort and safety never was an issue for her with Karan. Because she knows whatever it would be, he wouldn't let anything happen to her. She has always felt this with him and now, even more.

With this new feeling clouded inside her. That so reflected in her eyes. Her present was at ease, it was beautiful. Siting beside the man she loved. With her head resting on his shoulder and arms around his.

A soft smile curving her lips whenever he placed his lips against her hair. Which, he did a bit too frequently, making her feel even more special than she already felt.

Her hands moves towards his, locking their fingers as soon as fingers brushes. A smile curves her lips seeing their intertwined hands. Her small hands in his huge ones. She flet the size difference of their hands cute. Which probably is.

Karan's thumb caresses the back of her hand placing another kiss on her temple, this time.

Karan: Kuch bholna hain, meri jaan ?

Her eyes rose up to him. A little astonished but then, it was him. It was nothing new. They both knew eachother like back of their hands that, they can say what the other one was thinking right now.

So sighing with a smile she locks her eyes into his.

Preeta: Karan...

She started again as if Karan didn't initiate her. Chuckling, he looks at her noding his head as she tips her chin on his bicep.

Preeta: I want to say something.

Karan: Ofcorse, you do.

Leaving a sigh again, she smiles and takes her bag onto her lap from side and slides herself on the sand. Now sitting on her knees infront of him facing him nervously.

Taking a deep breath she pushes her hand into her bag. A soft beautiful smile curving her lips and she takes in another breath nodding her head softly, convincing herself she could do this. It was just him. And it wasn't a big task.

But ooh boy ! It was bigger than she thought. The nervousness crawling like woosh and heart beating like maniac said it all opposite. She never felt this nervous, not even when they kissed yesterday.

But nonetheless she had to do this. Because she needed this, she wanted to. She only wanted this.

Karan looks at her in confusion seeing her sitting before him now and also seeing her nervous. If he could make a guess he would say she was going to announce some sought of seminar she was talking about.

Which was supposed to be of two weeks and also not anywhere near but in New York, and could he stay without her ? No. That was a definite answer. She's been his home and routine now.

So somewhere he wished it's not that. But... what Preeta said next left him astonished more of shocked.

His eyes grew wide at the scene infront, his fiancée sitting close to him, on her knees, face close to him, her eyes locked into his.

It was all okay until, until the box came to the frame. The blue box she had in her fist. That made his heart beat erect like he just ran miles.

Preeta cleared her throat getting his attention back to her face. She had a all her nerves hitting her at every points possible. He could see that and she could feel it wholely.

Karan: Pre...

She silenced him keeping her finger against his lips and pinning him with a glare.

Preeta: Look, Seriously none of the romantic novels we read is helping here, right now. It's all a play of.... nerves.