6. Target

Almost a month to Karan's presence in the city of Mumbai as DCP.

Having one of the most mysterious and veiled case as his current mission to accomplish. Working on it day and night.

It was a routine for him to be there at Arora house twice a week.

~Arora Mansion.

Karan entering in the house just to see the beauty in all black setting dinner on the table with two other workers.

Karan smiles and slowly walks towards living still looking at her.

Preeta: arrey aap... Theek se rakho na correctly on the sheet.

Worker: sorry ma'am woh jaldi mai...

Preeta: aap bhi naa... Chodo mai karti hu.

Preeta takes the bowl of dish which was slightly out of the sheet and keeps it properly on it.

Karan(mind): ye aab bhi nahi badli ?

Karan looks at her shaking his head in disbelief and leave a sigh.

Preeta after setting the dishes perfectly turns order to walk back , but her eyes stops at the man looking at her with a small smile hoping her to return back. She looks at him for just few seconds

Preeta averts her gaze from him as she hear footfalls by the stairs. She smiles seeing Vikram and Ravi.

Karan looks at them with a smile while they reciprocate and walks to him.

Vikram: thum kab aye ?

Karan: abhi aya hu...

Vikram: Acha hua tum ayye woh case ke baath bhi karne hai, kal mai nahi hoga.

Preeta frowns and looks at him with concern.

Preeta: kyu ? apke thabait theek haina papa ?

Vikram smiles at her concern and stands beside her putting hands around her arms.

Vikram: bilkul fit hu !

Ravi: hona bhi kya hai jab sakshal Preeta Arora yaha pe ho ?

Preeta glared him , Ravi shrugged his shoulders.

Vikram: baath tho sahi hai uska.

Preeta (whines): Papa !

All chuckles at her irritated face.

Preeta: sab ek he team ho ! Sirf kehne ke liye kehte ho ki mere team mai ho.

Ravi looks at her with a smiles and pulls her nose and puts his arms around her from other side.

Ravi: saab thumre he team mai ho jab thak players bahar ka ho ! Humare ilawa koyi bhi theri tang nahi keech sakte samjhe princess !

Preeta: bilkul nahi !

Preeta pushes of his hand making his eyes go wide , she looks at Vikram who was seeing his children happily.

Preeta: aab aap batao papa.

Vikram: ji bilkul !

Preeta looks at him while Ravi walks towards dining table. Vikram looks at karan whos gaze were already on them with a light smile.

Vikram: Woh kal headquarters jana hai.

Karan looks at him keenly as Vikram had a lot of seriousness in his eyes.

Vikram: tho Karan , aaj he case ke bhare mai check karte hai... Kal thum baki ke procedure dhek lena.

Karan nodes positively , Vikram smiles. Preeta looks at Karan and turns away before he noticed her.