Introductions (Loki)

-

warnings: none

setting: stark/avengers tower

-

    I sat on the comfortably sized sectional in the main living space of the tower, my face hidden from view by a book I had found myself engrossed in for two days. Reading has always felt as an escape for me, a way to leave behind this cruel world and escape to a better reality. Of course, as many know, all good things come to an end.

I was pulled out of my getaway fantasy by the booming voice of my best friend, the God of Thunder himself.

"I have returned!" Thor boomed, dramatically walking into the room.

I chuckled to myself and stood from the sofa, "It's about time, I was beginning to think the God of Thunder himself needed a savior." I teased.

"Your jokes confuse me Lady Y/N." He said, turning to a smaller framed man with raven hair, "This is Loki, my brother!" He announced, giving him a slap on the back. The raven haired man grimaced and finally met my gaze.

It felt as though every planet in existence had stopped spinning, as if the clouds themselves parted before this beautiful creature, no one has ever caught my eye the way this stunning specimen has. I felt my heart rate increase as she smiled at me. Oh her smile! I would do anything -- anything at all to see it for the rest of my years.

"Hi, I'm Y/N. It's nice to finally meet you." She smiled.

I was speechless, I could not bring myself to speak.

Her eyebrows pulled together as her angelic voice escaped her soft looking lips, "Thor, is he alright?" She asked. Was she concerned for my well-being? That surely is a first.

"My apologies, I was taken aback by your beauty Lady Y/N." I said, taking her hand and pressing my lips to her knuckles. I pulled away, looking into her (E/C) eyes. I could get lost in them so easily. Pink dusted across her cheeks as she smiled brightly.

"Thank you." She squeaked. Had I made her nervous? I hope I haven't scared her by my gaze.

Thor's eyes flitted between the two of us suspiciously.

"Oh!" Y/N exclaimed, rushing to the kitchen. I heard the clash of pots and a content sigh as Thor lead me to the bar. This tower was rather exquisite, entirely too lavish for my liking. I would have to search for a library, or perhaps a secluded balcony to read in peace.

Thor's eyes brightened with excitement as Y/N pulled a pan full of delicious looking desserts.

"I made your favorite." She said, giving him a warm smile, "You can have some too if you'd like Loki."

Upon hearing my name, I stole another glance of her angelic face. She was too beautiful for this world. Thor had mentioned that she was Midguardian-- but that is impossible. A beauty like hers is other-worldly. I smiled at her, "What are they?"

Her eyes softened as she let out a giggle as she walked closer to me, "They're brownies. Thor said you all don't really have any candy or sweets on Asgard so I thought I would make you guys some." She smiled brightly and offered me a plate.

How could I say no to a face like that?

I grabbed the plate and examined the brown square, trying to figure out exactly what was so special about it. I looked up to see my brother stuffing his face with around four or five in his hands.

"What?" Thor said, his voice muffled by the chocolate treat. This made Y/N laugh again as she pat his back. Something about the way she seemed so close with him irked me. I felt the jealousy tingle in my chest.

She smirked at me before making her way back to me.

"Jealous, Laufeyson?" She said with a low, velvety voice. It threw me off guard. How could one puny little mortal have such an effect on me? Wait. How did she know that-

"I can read your mind Mr. Mischief."

What?! That's impossible. No one has ever been able to read my mind! Get out of my head!

She chuckled and gave my forearm a gentle squeeze before making her way to the balcony, leaving me dumbfounded with a plate full of brownies.

-

A/N (skip if you'd like): hello! :D thank you so much for taking the time to read my awful writing lolz.

word count: 723