Clingy (Tom)

warnings: none

story type: fluff

setting: tom and reader's shared home

--

Reader's POV

--
    An agitated huff escaped my lips, filling the room with sound. I glanced at the time on my laptop and frowned.

2:34 AM

I had been pushing through countless assignments, trying my hardest to get them done so I would be free from its grasp tomorrow. My husband, Tom, was asleep in our room. He insisted on staying up to help me, but I didn't want him to lose sleep over my work.

A smile tugged at my lips at the thought of him. We have been practically inseparable since I met him 5 years ago. Now we were married and happier than ever.

The sound of shuffling feet pulled me from my thoughts.

"Y/N?" Tom called out, rubbing his eyes and making his way to the sofa. I giggled at his sleepy state.

"I'm in the living room sweetie." I said, moving my books aside to give him room to sit down next to me. He gave me a lazy smile and plopped onto the cushion, laying his head in my lap and burying his face into my thigh.

My smile widened and my left hand ran through his strawberry blonde locks. He loved to have his hair played with, especially when we cuddled. Tom is an extremely affectionate person, his love language is touch.

Tom wrapped his arms around my waist and snuggled deeper into me, "I can't sleep without my teddy bear." His voice was muffled slightly by my leg.

I chuckled and moved my hand from his hair to his upper back, rubbing slow circles. He sighed contently, nuzzling my inner thigh.

Tom sat up after a few moments and closed my laptop.

"Hey! I was working on that!" I whined. He shrugged and hooked his arms underneath my legs, pulling me to him with a chuckle. I playfully glared at him, causing another laugh to escape his thin lips.

He hovered over me with a grin and kissed me deeply. I cupped his cheeks with my hands and smiled into the kiss. Tom pulled away and buried his face into my neck, pushing me gently down to where I was lying on my back.

"I love you."

"I love you too Thomas."

--

A/N:

hi guys, i apologize for my absence. I haven't had much inspo and school has gotten a little overwhelming lol