Secret Admirer (Loki)

-

warnings: none :)

summary: Loki falls in love with Y/N. They've been friends since he came to the tower with his brother almost a year and a half ago. Due to his shyness, he decides to just leave her little gifts and notes to express his feelings. One night, he goes to her room to sneak some of her favorite chocolates and sees her crying.

-

    Loki watched her talk to Natasha from afar. Her eyes held so many unspoken words-- so many emotions. The way her soft looking lips moved when she spoke entranced him, the way she walked so gracefully. His heart fluttered as she smiled that breathtaking smile of hers. No one had ever caught his eye in this way before, it was new for him to be in love.

She walked away from Agent Romanoff with a wave and made her way towards the kitchen. Now was his chance. 

He pulled the single orchid from behind his back and snuck into her room. Loki set it gently on her nightstand along with the small note he had written her. It contained a poem he had read in the library that reminded him of her. 

Footsteps began to approach the room and he quickly turned himself invisible, hiding himself from whomever was to walk in. Y/N entered the room, tossing her coat on the bed and sighing. She turned to set her phone down on the nightstand, but stopped when she saw the flower and the piece of paper. 

For the past three days someone had been leaving her sweet notes and little gifts. The first time it was the new book she had been wanting, then it was a box of her favorite candy, and now it was a beautiful flower. She smiled and picked it up, twirling it in her hand and reading the poem.

Her smile grew as she read on, smelling the orchid and giggling softly. Wanda then walked in and Loki's eyes widened. How was he to escape now?

"Another gift from your secret admirer?" She teased, smirking and walking over to Y/N. 

Y/N chuckled, sitting down on her bed and twirling the flower in her hands. "Yeah. It was this orchid and a poem." Loki's heart fluttered as he noticed her cheeks turn pink. Wanda read the poem as well.

"Awe, Y/N! That was so cute!" She gushed, plopping down next to her with the paper in her hands, "We have to figure out who this is."

Y/N rolled her eyes playfully, "Any ideas?"

"What about Bucky?"

Her eyebrows furrowed, "No, he's with Steve. The only people I can think of in this tower that are single are Bruce, Loki, and Thor."

Loki's heart melted at the way his name rolled off of her tongue, then it twisted with jealousy and agony as she spoke his brother's name and the witless green giant. 

"I don't think Thor would be this secretive and sentimental, he'd probably scream he has a crush on you in front of everyone." Wanda chuckled. Y/N laughed, looking down at the flower and smiling.

She looked down and bit her lip, still smiling. "I hope it's Loki."

His heart soared. Did she truly mean that? He smiled, his own cheeks turning a bit crimson. 

"I can see that, but don't get your hopes up. If it is him, he could easily just be playing a trick on you."

Y/N frowned, nodding and not looking back up as Wanda left the room. As soon as the door shut, she laid back against the headboard, still holding the flower.

Loki's smile dropped as Wanda spoke. A trick? Did she think he was only fooling around with her? He frowned. She was the one person he didn't want to trick.