Bad Dreams (Loki)

--

warnings: none

story type: fluff

setting: Loki and Reader's shared apartment in the tower.

~ gender neutral ~

(In this imagine Tony is alive and they defeated Thanos, bringing everyone back from the snap and all of the avengers are still here and alive.)

--

Sheets of rain pelted down heavily on the roof of the tower, thunder rumbling in the distance. Flashes of lightning spilling light into the shared bedroom. Loki laid at my side, his arm draped across my waist and his head buried in the back of my neck, soft snores muffled by my hair. I envied his ability to sleep so deeply. I had been tossing and turning all night.

I sighed, snuggling deeper into Loki's embrace, his warmth comforting me. His arm tightened around me protectively and he murmered something unintelligible. A frown etched onto my face. He had been having nightmares ever since Tony had managed to bring him back from his death.

"Please.." He whimpered, a small sob escaping his lips. My heart broke hearing him cry. I always tried to wake him up when he had these dreams and comfort him. Usually doing this would keep the bad dreams away until the next night.

I turned around to face him, tucking a loose raven lock behind his ear.

"Loki." I cooed. His eyebrows pulled down and his lips parted, a tear running down his cheek with a small hiccup.

His eyes fluttered open and he jolted upright, his eyes scanning the room for any signs of danger. I slowly sat up next to him and put my hand on his shoulder, "I'm right here sweetie."

He let out the breath he had been holding and the tears that brimmed his eyes spilled over his cheeks. I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him into a hug and lying back down with him in my arms. He buried his face into my neck, sobbing.

"It's okay, you're safe. I'm here." I whispered into his ear.

After a few moments, Loki sniffled and moved from my neck. He looked into my eyes and his chin wobbled, fresh tears threatening to spill from his emerald orbs. "I'm sorry."

I frowned, cupping his cheeks and wiping his tears, "For what?"

A single tear slid down his face, "Waking you up. An-And being annoying." He sniffled.

"Loki, you're not annoying. I promise you. You could never be annoying or a bother to me. I will always be right here to comfort you, and I love you more than anything." I said, never breaking eye contact. He smiled, love and adoration shining in his eyes.

"I love you too."

I gently kissed his forehead and pulled him back to my embrace. Loki laid his head on my chest, the smile on his face never once faltering the rest of that night.

-

A/N:

sorry this one and the previous one is short, future imagines will be longer, but these comfort ones will be kinda short.