Catacombs (Tom XXX)

-

warnings: smut

SUMMARY: Y/N and Tom have a movie night together every friday. They've been roommates and best friends for years, and they both have major crushes on each other. Tom comes up with a plan to cuddle with her that leads to one of the best nights of his life.

***

    Y/N plopped down on the loveseat next to Tom, grinning with excitement. It was his turn to pick the film they watched for their Friday movie night.

She watched as Tom clicked on the documentary about the Paris catacombs, smirking over at her. He knew she got freaked out easily by these types of films-- they always set her on edge. Tom had picked it just so she'd cling onto him.

"Oh hell no, Tom. Hell. No. Keep scrolling." She demanded, eyes widening when he clicked on it.

He chuckled from his seat beside her and draped his arm over the back of the couch. "Why not? Are you scared?" He teased, the smirk on his lips growing.

Y/N scoffed, "Of course not. I just don't want to watch it."

Tom grinned mischievously and hit play.

She glared over at him, but found herself smiling back. He's always had one of those smiles that just makes you want to smile.

The film started and he scooted his hips forward, making it to where his side would be easily accessible for her to hide in if she got too scared. The first part of the movie wasn't too scary, and Y/N started to relax, subtly inching closer just in case a jump scare or an evil little ghost girl popped up out of nowhere.

The group of men delved deeper into the tombs, causing a trickle of claustrophobia to ripple down her spine. How the hell did those grown ass men squeeze through there?

Then she saw it. The painted strung up body. It looked like something straight out of The Blair Witch Project.

Tom heard her gasp and noticed that she had moved to where their thighs were touching. She usually inched closer to him until she could hide in his shoulder, and he never said anything about it. And in all honesty, he liked the feeling of her hiding behind him. It made him feel protective over her.

Then came the sight of bones and skulls. It was so different from the tourist attraction, and she shuddered at the thousands piled up in groups, thinking about how it would smell, how every single one of them used to belong to someone.

Y/N felt Tom's hand slide off the back of the couch and gently pull her into his side. She gladly took the offer and pressed the side of her face against his shoulder, tucking her legs and laying in a fetal-like position.

A surge of happiness spread through Tom's chest and he hugged her against him.

The movie went on and it didn't seem as scary as he had wanted it to be. She was tucked against his side which definitely made him happy, but he longed for the feeling of her gripping his shirt tightly and clinging onto him.

"Have you ever seen the original footage of the man who supposedly got dragged into hell while he was exploring down there?" Tom asked, wanting to scare her a little. She tilted her head to look up at him and shook her head. Tom continued, "They say he found the gate to hell while exploring the tombs by himself. He recorded everything until something started chasing him. They say he was so focused on trying to escape from whatever was behind him that he ran right through it." He spoke softly. Y/N tensed and her eyes widened.

Then a bloodcurdling scream sounded from the telly and she gasped loudly, sitting up on her knees and wrapping her arms around Tom's neck, hiding her face in the crook between his collarbone and shoulder.