Scary Movies (Loki)

-

warnings: none, just loads of cuddles and fluffy stuffs

summary: Loki and Y/N watch a horror movie together, and Loki gets scared but refuses to admit it. Later that night he can't sleep because of the movie so he wanders into her room.

~ Female Reader~

-

    The sound of the microwave beeping pulled me out of my gaze on Loki, my best friend. I found myself staring at him for far too long these past few weeks. I had caught feelings for him the day that we met, and those feelings grew stronger everyday. I couldn't help it-- his long raven hair, perfect jawline, his slim yet lean build, and those hands-- the things I'd let him do to me with them..

I shook the thoughts from my head and grabbed the bowl of popcorn along with our drinks, plopping down on the sofa next to the god himself. Loki grabbed the fuzzy blanket draped across the back of the couch and threw it over us.

"What are we watching tonight darling?" Loki asked, tossing a piece of popcorn in his mouth.

That nickname. Ugh.

I smirked up at him, "We're watching a horror movie tonight." His brows pulled in confusion. I rolled my eyes playfully and held up the case, "A scary movie."

"Ohhh." He said, eyeing the small box suspiciously. "The ones with murder?"

"Yes Loki. The ones with murder."

He smirked at this and slung his arm around my shoulders lazily as the movie started.

"That was a pretty good sequel." I said, watching the credits roll across the screen. I looked over at Loki to see him clutching onto the duvet for dear life, his eyes almost as wide as the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table. "Loki? You good?" I asked, chuckling.

He nodded slowly, trying to catch his breath.

"Aww is the God of Mischief scared of a few little ghosts?" I cooed. He immediately straightened up, fixing his shirt.

"N-No."

I laughed, patting his chest. "I'm going to bed," I paused and turned back around with a smirk, "If you get too scared tonight, you know where I am."

He mumbled incoherently and pouted as I walked away laughing.

After doing my nightly routine and shower, I slipped into bed, already feeling the drowsiness luring me to sleep. I fell asleep almost instantly, not hearing the creak of my bedroom door as it opened or the pad of Loki's footsteps as he made his way over to my bed.

I wrung my hands nervously, debating on knocking or just walking right in. Surely she is already sleeping-- right? I opened the door as quietly as possible and saw her fast asleep, the breath I had been holding escaping my lips.

I slid into the empty side of her bed, pulling the blanket over myself. I turned to lay on my side and scooted as close as I could to her without touching her. If she found out I was scared of that foolish midguardian mess of a movie, she would never let me live it down.

She mumbled in her sleep, turning around. My heart fluttered, her cute face was now facing my own and her warm breath fanned over my neck and collarbone. I desperately wanted to be in her arms, but I was afraid she would feel uncomfortable doing so.

One of her hands laid against the mattress close to my own. I gently slipped my hand into hers and instantly relaxed at her warmth, the fear from the movie dissipating slightly. I craved more of her warmth, but resisted. Making her uncomfortable was the last thing I ever wanted.

I laid there for a few more moments, my eyes starting to droop sleepily. I knew I should leave before she caught me, but I simply felt too tired to do so. The soft noises of her breathing, the warmth of her hand, her adorable face as she slept— my heart was racing. I was deeply in love with her.

"Loki?" She rasped, her eyes fluttering open. My eyes widened and I immediately removed my hand from hers. She looked up at me sleepily and smiled. "What are you doing in here?"

I stuttered, trying to find the right words. How do you tell the woman you're helplessly in love with that you want to cuddle with her for the rest of your existence?

"Did the movie scare you?" She asked, scooting closer to me. My heart sped up at how close she was. Our noses were inches apart. I nodded, and I felt my cheeks flush with embarrassment.

"Don't be embarrassed Loki. It kind of scared me too." She admitted, laughing slightly. I felt relieved that she too was frightened by the movie, but in reality I just wanted an excuse to cuddle with her. She makes me feel loved and special.

"It frightened you as well?" I asked softly. She smiled before looking up at me with her (E/C) irises. I felt as though I could get lost in them. They held so much warmth, so much brightn—

My thoughts were interrupted by a gentle kiss to my jaw and one of her hands running through my hair, smoothing it back into place. My breath hitched silently and I looked down at her, my lips parted.

I took this as my chance and wrapped my arms around her waist, burying my face in her neck. She giggled softly and rubbed one of her hands up and down my back soothingly, the other playing with my hair. I relaxed completely, her touch warming my heart.

"If you wanted to cuddle you could've just asked." She whispered. I blushed darkly and nuzzled deeper into her neck, making her giggle once again.

Her fingers traced shapes on my back and the other played with my hair for a while until she fell asleep. I was right on the verge of sleep myself, but I wanted to savor every moment of this. I wanted to be like this with her every night and every day. 

I had never felt this way for anyone. I wanted her to touch and hold me, I wanted to let my walls down for her, I wanted her. From the second I met her almost a year ago when my brother had dragged me here and she had greeted me with unmatchable friendliness and warmth. She had never once judged me, or made me feel out of place. She was the one to make me feel accepted for once.

My head lifted from her neck and I gazed at her sleeping form. She looked so peaceful this way. I pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead and flipped us over gently, holding her to my chest. She draped an arm over my abdomen, snuggling close to me.

Little did I know, she felt the exact same way for me, and that she would tell me those exact words the next morning.