Sniffles (Tom)

-

warnings: none :)

summary: Tom wakes up with a horrible cold, leaving him bed-ridden and takes the next three days off from work. Y/N is his best friend and he calls them over for company. Due to his sickly haze, he accidentally confesses his feelings for them.

(feel free to change the tea to whatever drink you'd like!)

-

    I sat comfortably at my desk, typing away at my computer while sipping my tea. A vast majority of my mornings went exactly like this-- working my arse off to push out chapters of my book and drinking enough tea, coffee, and sugar to sedate a horse. My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. A bright smile pulled at my lips seeing my best friend's contact name lighting up the screen.

"Hey Tom. What's up?" I asked, taking a small sip of my drink and placing my phone on speaker. I frowned, hearing him cough violently. "I think I caught something during my travel to New York."

"Are you okay? Do you need me to come bring you some medicine or food?" I said, walking into the kitchen to make him breakfast. He only lived a short distance from me, so the food wouldn't get cold. 

"Yes please." He said, sniffling. His voice sounded congested, and it made his "please" absolutely adorable. After telling him I would be there soon, I hung up, made his food, grabbed some herbal tea bags, and threw on a hoodie, driving to his house.

When I entered his flat, the lights were all off-- the only light coming from the television in his bedroom. I opened the door slowly and saw him curled up in bed, his blanket pulled to his chin and tissues scattered around him. 

The door creaked, making him look up at me and attempt to smile. "Y/N." He said, then broke into a fit of coughs.

"Oh sweetie, I didn't know it was this bad. Don't worry, I brought you medicine, food, and tea." I said, setting everything on his dresser. He sniffled, "T-Thank you dar- ACH HOO!" 

I frowned at his state and walked over to the bed, sitting down on the edge and running my hand through his soft ginger curls. He leaned into my touch, burying his face into my lap and wrapping his arms around my waist.

I blushed lightly at the contact and continued massaging his scalp, my other hand rubbing up-and-down his back soothingly. I started to get up, wanting to grab the medicine but his arms tightened and he nuzzled his face deeper into the crease between my upper thigh and my hip.

"I need to give you medicine Thomas." I cooed softly. He shook his head lightly and hugged my waist even tighter, keeping me there.

A sigh escaped my lips, "Tom...sweetheart. It will make you feel better. I brought your favorite flavor too." 

He shook his head once more, a muffled "mm-ngh" croaking from his sore throat. I chuckled and brushed the hair from his sweaty forehead. 

"I'm c-old.." Tom croaked.

"Do you want me to grab another blan-"

"No. Love me." He said, interrupting me and lifting his head from my lap. His eyes were slightly red, and drooped with sleepiness. His words made my heart flutter. I had been developing strong feelings for him over the course of four months, and this definitely didn't help.

I smiled at him softly, a small chuckle leaving my lips. "Okay, but you'll have to take your medicine first. Then I'll love on you."

He smiled weakly and then gave me his precious puppy-dog eyes.