Stood Up (Tom)

warnings: none

story type: fluff

setting: restaraunt

--

My eyes scanned the dining room for what felt like the hundredth time tonight. My boyfriend of six months was still a no-show. He was supposed to of been here over thirty minutes ago. Why was I still here waiting?

I sighed, fidgeting with my napkin. The waitress walked back to my table with a sympathetic smile, "Are you sure you'd like to wait? I've noticed you sitting here for a while."

I gave her a friendly smile before answering, "I'll order now. Might as well." Another sigh.

After I had ordered, I gave up on him. He isn't showing up. Tears burned my eyes.

"I'm terribly sorry to bother you dear, but are you alright?" A british accent spoke softly. I lifted my eyes from the table to see a very attractive man with piercing blue eyes and strawberry blonde curls, a dark grey suit tightly fitted to his lean form. I wiped my eyes quickly, not wanting this beautiful man to see me a mess.

The man sat down in the seat across from mine and gave me a worried smile.

"My boyfriend was supposed to be here almost an hour ago, but I suppose he won't be showing." A glum smile etched across my face. His eyebrows pulled together and he gave a slight chuckle.

"Well he certainly is missing out on a beautiful woman. My name is Tom." He grinned at me, showing off perfectly white teeth. Oh my--

I returned the grin, "Thank you, I'm Y/N." The waitress returned at that moment with my food and threw a nasty glare at the man sitting in front of me. I gave her a reassuring smile and she walked off.

"Would you mind if I join you?" He asked, looking into my eyes. This man certainly knows how to maintain eye contact.

I smiled warmly, "I don't mind."

Tom's grin widened at my response and we fell into deep conversation, talking about everything and anything. Nothing felt awkward with this man, he had an answer for almost everything. My boyfriend was long forgotten and before I realized it, another hour had passed.

"Are you finished darling?" He asked.

"I am."

Tom walked me to my car and opened the door for me as I slid in. "Thank you for tonight Tom. I had an amazing time."

He smiled at me, leaning against the car door. "I'm glad. I hope we can do this again sometime?" Tom's smile turned to a grin and I was once again left dazzled. His charming nature, his chivalry-- he was every woman's dream guy.

I giggled, causing his pupils to dilate slightly. "I'd love to. Here," I pulled my phone out of my handbag and handed it to him. Tom put his number in and I did the same for his phone.

"Have a wonderful night love." Tom said, leaning in through the open window and pressing a kiss to my cheek. I felt a blush creeping onto my skin, tingling where his lips had touched. The pad of his thumb cupped my cheek, stroking my cheekbone and pulling away from me.

I gazed up at him through my lashes with a shy smile, "You too." He smiled at me once more before walking to his own car. I opened my phone and giggled at the contact name he had put himself as.

"Tom :D"

I rolled my eyes playfully and twisted the key in my ignition, the engine of my car roaring to life. I was just about to pull out of the parking slot when I heard my boyfriend calling my name and rushing to my car window.

"Y/N! Y/N!" He panted, "I'm sorry for being la-"

Another figure strode up to the car, towering over my boyfriend. He turned around to be met with none other than Tom.

Tom leaned to my level and handed me my bracelet, "You forgot this darling."

-

A/N:

would you all like a second part to this imagine? I thought about making one.