one - "I wish I was the one."

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐
five years later...
└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

The restaurant was noisy than it was before. Yeonbyul ate at the corner, hiding in public. She escaped from the palace since she felt suffocated there. She didn't want to listen to Ms Han's voice calling her over and over again.

She ate her noodles quietly, ignoring her surroundings. Her phone vibrated, her husband's name displayed on the screen.

Heeseung: Where are you? We need to plan for the ball.

Heeseung: It's your job to handle this. Be responsible for once.

She sighed and turned off her phone. She buried her face and hit her head continuously at the table.

"Is he trying to kill me or what? Why can't he let me breathe and be free for once?"

She got up to pay the bill before leaving the restaurant. She was about to cross the road until a car drove fast, almost hitting her. She fell and scratched her hand on the road.

The car stopped and the door opened. She examined the car, a black SUV. A male figure went out and quickly rushed towards her worriedly.

"Are you okay?"

He was trying to help her stand up but she pushed him away. She was trying hard to hide her identity.

"I'm fine."

She ran away and lowered her gaze so that her face was hidden with the cap.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

She sneaked into the palace, looking around to make sure she misses her court ladies. Especially Ms Han. That old woman would nag at her for a week because of her escaping away from her duties.

She went to the throne room to look around but got startled when she saw her husband there. Heeseung frowned and got off his seat, walking towards her.

"Heeseung-ah."

"That's Your Majesty to you, " he said sternly.

Yeonbyul rolled her eyes, we're married. Why do we even have to use the titles when we're alone?

"Where have you been?" the King asked, anger in his tone.

"Out."

"Why? We have a ball to handle. And I'm here alone doing all the work."

She frowned, "Staying in the palace is so suffocating. I just want to roam free for once in a while."

He sighed tiredly and turned around before leaving the throne room, "Change your outfit. Hoodie and jeans look ugly on you."

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

"I want you to invite all the ministers and noblemen to the ball. Also, invite the royal family from the kingdom of the North, " Heeseung ordered.

Yeonbyul sat in her seat next to him, her chin rested on her palm. Her back was in pain from the hard chair. She exhaled tiredly, earning her husband's and the worker's attention. She cleared her throat, "You may continue."

Heeseung faced the worker again, continuing his orders. She fixed her gown properly, the gown was too big and it was too hot from wearing it. She was sweating like the sun was directly above her.

She stood up, "Your Majesty, allow me to go back to my chamber. I still have a few paperwork to do."

Heeseung nodded and continued talking about the upcoming ball.

He could've at least say something.

Yeonbyul turned around and walked out of the throne room, followed by her court ladies.

Yeonbyul sipped her tea silently, hearing Ms Han nagging about how ignorant her husband was. She didn't mind as she also agreed with her.

If he doesn't love me then why did he give me fake hope in the first place?

A young court lady who was Ms Han's assistant, Hanseo rushed towards them, "Your Majesty!"

"Hanseo! You shouldn't run and scream out the Queen's name!" Ms Han scolded.

"Here are the papers and files that the King sent. You should read them now. It's important, " Hanseo ignored the senior court lady's scolding.

Yeonbyul opened the file and her eyes widened when it was a request from the King to approve him having a mistress. She closed the file and slammed it on the table, "What is this?"

"The King wants to have a mistress. But for the mistress to be approved to the royal family, the Queen must approve it."

"I don't want to approve it, " Yeonbyul frowned and threw it away. Ms Han pursed her lips and sat next to her to comfort her.

"What if His Majesty visits your chamber, Your Majesty?" Hanseo asked worriedly.

"Let him. I need to have a talk with him about this."