thirty-four - "We're not so different."

Sunghoon and Yeonbyul pulled away, locking eyes with each other. She broke the eye contact and lowered her gaze, "So what are we?"

"I want us to be a couple," he said as he blushed shyly. She smiled and tiptoed before pulling him into another kiss. He wrapped his hands around her waist and lifted her. Waves crashed against them but they ignored it, feeling like they were the only ones in the world.

They both shivered as they got into the car, feeling cold due to the air conditioner. Sunghoon held the steering wheel and turned on the engines before driving off to a different place. He drove the car into a city, buildings and skyscrapers greeting them.

Yeonbyul gasped in awe as she looked at the tall, bright buildings. There were luxury stores, companies, malls and more. It was just like in those western movies she watched. It was so beautiful.

She jumped in surprise when she felt a hand linking with hers. Sunghoon held her hand as his eyes were focused on the road. He kissed at the back of her hand, still avoiding eye contact. She smiled softly and sighed in relief.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Heeseung knocked on Yeonbyul's room door as he held a few divorce and agreement papers. There were no responses so he decided to walk in, checking up on her. Hanseo immediately barged in and greeted him, "Your Majesty, the Queen is out of the palace with the Crowned Prince. May I inform her that you wanted to see her?"

He frowned when she mentioned the prince. His blood started to boil out of anger but he just sighed, "No need."

He went out of the room and cursed at her under his breath. He walked back to his room and sat down at the desk, exhaling heavily. He noticed that he was still wearing his wedding ring so he chuckled and took it off, "Why am I still wearing this?"

He kept the ring in his pocket and closed his eyes, trying to cool himself down. Haesun barged into the room and started into his startled eyes.

"Lee Heeseung!" She called angrily, "People kept talking about me! When are we getting married? Do you know how embarrassed I am when people said that I took you away from Yeonbyul? Why do you keep delaying the wedding dates? Are you still in love with your wife or something?"

"Haesun, you know I'm busy with work and the divorce. You're carrying my baby. We are gonna get married, don't worry," he explained tiredly.

"So you don't care if your baby and I die?" She threatened, clenching her fists in anger. He instantly stood up and walked towards her, "What are you talking about? Who would kill you? Stop spitting nonsense, Haesun."

"Your wife! She killed my father! I kept it a secret because she threatened she would kill me and the baby!" The mistress fake-cried. Heeseung looked at her in disbelief, "Yeonbyul wouldn't do that, would she?"

"This is your problem! You never trust me! She hated my father ever since they first met and threatened to kill me if I tell you about it!" She sobbed and cried into his chest. He gritted his teeth in anger and stomped out of the room, searching for his guards, ordering them to search through Yeonbyul's room for any suspicious item.

Jake who was walking down the hallway with his wife looked at them confidently before widening his eyes in fear. He looked at Soeun, "This is bad. I need to tell Yeonbyul about this."

"Tell her what?" Haesun approached them. Jake folded his arms, "I don't know what you told Heeseung, but are you that desperate to ruin his relationship with his wife? Yeonbyul deserves better than all of this bullshit. No wonder why you're a mistress."

Haesun scoffed in disbelief as she watched the West royal couple left the hallway. She glared at them before cursing under her breath, planning to get revenge.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Yeonbyul laughed as she heard Sunghoon telling stories about his childhood. As soon as she reached the entrance, Heeseung came and threw the ministers' crimes and merits book. Her eyes widened, "Did you go into my room?"

"Why? Shocked? I have the right to do so. I am your husband," he snapped coldly. She picked the book up and dusted it off before giving it to Sunghoon. Heeseung grabbed her arm roughly, "What did I say about harming Haesun's family members? You'll get executed."

"Let me go!" She pushed him away and slapped him in the face. The guests and workers watched them as they whispered to each other. Yeonbyul chuckled, "So what? It was an accident. He was choking me to death and it was self-defence that I pushed him off. Too bad, he was too clumsy so he missed his steps and fell off the cliff. Are you blaming me for protecting myself? You weren't there to protect me."

He scoffed and folded his arms, looking away. His blood boiled to the maximum and he wanted to execute her there. She glared at him, "You killed an innocent person. I killed a person who murdered my dad and got away with it. So think about it. Who's better in this situation? Me or you? You can't even execute me here unless the North Royal Family lets you to. Tell that girlfriend of yours to stop bothering me and just mind her own business. Or else, I'll bring her down with me."

She bumped into his shoulder roughly before leaving the scene, stomping towards her room. She ordered the guards to get out and locked the doors.

Sunghoon smirked and patted the South King's shoulder, "I guess what people say is right. Love is blind. They could even ignore what crimes their partner did. I feel so sorry for you, Your Majesty."

Heeseung glared at him as he watched Sunghoon walking towards Jake who was watching the scene all along. The prince waved at the South King, feeling satisfied that he got slapped by his wife.