forty-seven - "More children."

[ edited ]

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐
five months later...
└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

Haesun held the maids' hands, screaming in pain as the royal doctor delivered her baby. A male baby cried and the doctor wrapped him in a warm blanket, smiling at him as she watched him crying loudly in the room.

"Lady Haesun, would you like to see him?"

"Bring him away from me. So disgusting," Haesun spat as she turned her face away. The doctor nodded and brought the baby out of the room, where Heeseung was standing there and waiting.

"The baby is safe, Your Majesty."

He smiled as he held the baby for the first time. He resembles Haesun a lot. The doctor smiled excitedly, "So what's the name?"

"Lee Hojun," he smiled brightly, holding the baby carefully and with so much love. The doctor stared at them in awe, "That's a beautiful name. I will leave you both for privacy."

He nodded and watched as she left him.

"Hojun-ah, I'm your adoptive father. Trust me, I will take care of you properly and make you the best person and King of the kingdom. I promise I will take care of you like my own child."

He teared up as he said that, watching the baby falling into slumber. Yeonbyul approached him, "Is he here?"

Heeseung nodded and gave Hojun to her, "Be careful."

"Hi, Hojun! You're so handsome! Look at your small lips!" She whispered happily, tracing his facial features with her finger.

"When will Sunghoon come? He was supposed to be here a day ago."

"Oh, you know how far the South and North is. He has a lot of work to take care of so he'll probably be here in another hour," she said as she couldn't take her eyes off the baby.

Heeseung glanced at Yeonbyul's belly, it was getting bigger day by day. He chuckled, "Your daughter is really healthy. Your baby bump is getting bigger lately."

"Of course, I eat a lot, surprisingly, during my pregnancy. Probably because I have a huge appetite."

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Sunghoon smiled and nodded as the palace workers bowed to greet him. He looked around the palace, it's been a while since he visited the South. He walked around to search for his pregnant wife, holding a packet of her favourite crisps he got while he was on the way.

Suddenly, two hands closed his eyes, "Guess who."

He instantly turned around and kissed Yeonbyul's cheek as she tried to get away, giggling. He smiled and gave her the crisps, "I bought your favourite."

She chuckled and opened it before feeding herself. He smiled and held her baby bump, "Are you well in there, my daughter? I hope you grow well so that you will be the best Queen of the North Kingdom. And beat Hojun too."

Yeonbyul laughed, "That's so immature! I don't want our babies to be fighting all the time."

"Jake said that he's on the way. Why don't we escape from the palace for the night? I don't want him to keep teasing me about the baby-making topic. He keeps bringing it up."

She let him grab her hand as he led her to the outside of the palace. He opened the car door to the passenger seat for her. She waited for him to get in and he pressed on the pedal, driving away.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

"I've thought about our baby's name," Yeonbyul said as she ate her ice cream. She stared at the night sky that had stars greeting them. He looked at her, giving all his attention.

"What is it?"

"I want our daughter's name to be Park Eunseo. She'll be the greatest Queen to the Kingdom. Of course, after the ruling of King Park Sunghoon and his Queen Consort, Park Yeonbyul."

"That's a beautiful name," he exhaled as he felt the night breeze brushing against his skin, "I want our second daughter's name to be Park Seoyeon. And then, you'll get to name our next child, which will be our son."

She looked at him in shock, "There's more?!"

He smirked as he trapped her in between his arms, "We're not gonna stop with just one, are we?"

She wrapped her arms around his neck before pulling him into a quick kiss, "Fine. Just three. And if I'm okay with more, then we'll have another two more."

Now, it was his turn to be surprised, "Two?... Are you sure? That's quite a lot."

She laughed and turned around to look at the city lights. He hugged her from the back tightly as he inhaled her scent, resting his chin on her shoulders.

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐
the end.
└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Thank you for supporting my story! I'm so glad that you all like it. And I love reading your comments! I'll make sure to fix my grammar and come up with a better book with better plots in the future! I'm so happy that I finally completed this book. Feel free to comment your opinions about the characters for me to read them! I'm so sorry for any grammatical errors that I made in this book.