twenty-four - "Is this how my story ends?"

I need to wake up.

I need to be alive.

My chest...hurts.

Heeseung...

Sunghoon...

Save me...

Yeonbyul waited for someone to save her, almost freezing to death. She was deep in the middle of the forest so it would be a bit hard for people to find her.

Is this how I die?

Is this how the story of my life ends?

"Sunghoon-ah..." she called weakly. She gathered her remaining strength and took out the arrow from her chest, grateful that it didn't stab her heart. Blood oozed out more than before and she looked at her hand that was covered in blood. She tried to sit up and crawl her way to the starting area.

She accidentally slipped and fell down the steep hill. She groaned and screamed in pain, making the birds that were resting on the tree flew away.

"Lee Heeseung!" She yelled his name but no one responded.

I need to get up.

I can't be weak.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

The hunting ended and everyone went back to the palace instead of Sunghoon. The prince walked back and forth, waiting for the Queen to come and meet him at the same place they decided to meet each other. Hanseo fiddled with her fingers nervously, the sky was about to get dark.

"I have a bad feeling about this, Your Highness," Hanseo said. Ms Han scurried towards them with a few guards, "I brought guards to help us search for Her Majesty, Your Highness."

Sunghoon nodded, "Where is the King? Isn't he going to help us search for her?"

Ms Han lowered her gaze, "His Majesty has already gone to the concubine's headquarters to rest there before the dinner."

Sunghoon scoffed, "What a jerk. Can't believe Yeonbyul likes a guy like that."

They all began to search for the Queen, gathering information and clues for her whereabouts. Sunghoon looked at the ground closely, looking for any traces of her.

"Your Highness! There's blood!" Hanseo yelled in panic. Sunghoon ran towards her and squatted before taking a closer look at the blood on the ground. He touched it and gasped, "It's not dry yet. Do you think this could be the Queen's?"

"It could be!" Ms Han scurried around the place. Sunghoon looked at the blood and saw that it ended at the edge of the hill. He jumped down and followed the blood droplets until he saw a feminine figure on the ground, unconscious.

"Yeonbyul!" He called her. He kneeled next to her and lifted her body, shaking her to wake her up. Hanseo gasped when she saw that the Queen's chest was bleeding badly.

"Call the medical team. Hurry!" Ms Han ordered the guards.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Sunghoon held Yeonbyul's hand as the doctor checked for her pulse. The doctor sighed in relief, "Luckily the arrow didn't stab her heart. And the wound is not that deep either. She is safe."

The prince nodded and bowed at the doctor as a sign of thank you. The doctor gasped in shock, "Your Highness! You don't have to-"

"Thank you for saving her..." Sunghoon said as he let his tears appear. He had been too worried about her condition that he thought she was going to die.

The doctor excused himself, leaving him alone in the Queen's bedroom. He linked his hand with Yeonbyul's and stared at her face, watching her breathe so peacefully. His heart pounded quickly as he admired her facial features.

He smiled and moved a few strands of hair from her face.

I just love you too much, Your Majesty.

Please stop loving Heeseung and love me.

I wish for you to accept my love.

He rested his head on the bed, right next to her body. He exhaled heavily before closing his eyes, falling into his deep slumber.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Heeseung ate his breakfast silently, looking through his phone. The door opened and Haesun walked in with a sleepy face.

"Did you know someone shot the Queen yesterday?" He asked sternly. The mistress acted surprise and sat next to him, "Oh my God! Is she okay?"

"Thankfully, she's safe and alive. But who would shoot her? It's bad enough that your father tried to kill her. And now this?"

Haesun frowned when he brought up her father into the conversation. Heeseung looked at her, "Did you do it? Did you shoot her?"

"What?! No!"

"I didn't shoot her, neither did my father. Sunghoon was with me, and also your father. So the only suspect is you."

Haesun stood up and was about to leave the dining hall but he grabbed her hand to stop her, "Please tell me you didn't do it, Haesun."

She rolled her eyes, "I didn't. And how could you accuse me of something treasonous? It could be the court ladies or the guards."

She pushed him away before leaving the hall. Heeseung sighed tiredly and sat back down, thinking of the suspects and clues.