six - "We finally meet again."

Yeonbyul cursed at Heeseung under her breath, strolling around the palace alone. She saw Haesun talking to the palace guards, laughing about something from afar. She rolled her eyes and walked around for a while until she bumped into her father at the meeting hall.

"Dad, " she called him, "What are you doing here?"

"I just talked with the concubine's father. About the upcoming ball."

She nodded slowly and lowered her gaze, failed to hide her angry emotions. Mr Park lifted his daughter's chin to look at her face, "Who disappointed my daughter, hm?"

"Your son-in-law had sex last night with the mistress."

Mr Park sighed and patted her back gently, "I know you love him so much. But I also can't do anything with it. I would be accused of treason if I try to do anything towards His Majesty or Lady Haesun. I'm sorry, honey."

"It's nothing, dad. I didn't even ask you to do anything. I'm just upset and jealous."

They both took a walk until they reached the entrance to the palace. Luxury cars arrived one by one and unknown palace guards were waiting at the gate.

"Your Majesty, " one of the palace guards bowed at her. She looked at him, "What is all this? Who arrived?"

"The Crowned Prince of the North Kingdom, Your Majesty."

"I heard that he's staying here for the ball. It'll take him a few days to arrive here from the South so it's easier to let him stay here earlier, " Mr Park said.

Her eyes widened when she saw Sunghoon walking towards her in his formal outfit.

That's the guy I met from the bar...

He's the crowned prince?!

"Mr Park! We meet again, " the prince greeted her father as if they knew each other before. Mr Park shook his hand, "How's your trip, Your Highness?"

"It was fine. I stopped by a lot of stores on the way here. Let me tell you, the people here are very friendly and polite."

But I just met him a few days ago...

He could just stay at a hotel or something.

Why here?

"Your Majesty, " Sunghoon bowed at Yeonbyul as a sign of respect. She lowered her gaze and nodded, clenching her fists nervously.

What if he revealed that I've been going to the bar lately?

What if he tells Heeseung that I went to the bar to get drunk?

But I invited him personally tho...

Was it a bad idea?

Hanseo and Ms Han scurried towards her, "Your Majesty! Why didn't you tell us that you're going for a stroll? What if you hurt yourself?"

Mr Park chuckled and excused himself since he had somewhere to go. Yeonbyul sighed, "Ms Han, Hanseo, it's not polite to shout in front of the guest."

Hanseo looked in front of her and greeted Sunghoon before whispering to Yeonbyul, "Who is he, Your Majesty?"

"The crowned prince of the North Kingdom."

Hanseo blushed and smiled to herself. The Queen looked at her weirdly before elbowing her, "Yah. Be composed. Don't scare him off."

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

The pavilion was one of Yeonbyul's favourite places. She would either have tea, read or do her paperwork there. It was also next to the lake which allows her to calm her mind down. She was having tea and small snacks until Ms Han announced, "Your Majesty, Lady Haesun has come to see you."

She frowned and put down her cookie. Haesun bowed at her before sitting across her, "Your Majesty, what are you having?"

"Tea."

Haesun grabbed a cookie out of the blue and ate it. Hanseo widened her eyes and rolled up her sleeves before attacking the mistress but Ms Han held her back, "Be patient, be patient!"

"I believe Mr Kim would've taught you some manners. You're being very rude right now, " Yeonbyul smiled but made sure her words would stab Haesun in the heart. She wanted Haesun to know that she doesn't like her.

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty. It looks too delicious and you hardly touch any of it. It would be such a waste to throw it away."

Yeonbyul stood up and fixed her dress, "Help yourself with the leftovers. Ms Han, tell the head chef to cook me something simple. Seeing someone snatching my cookies is making me lose appetite for tea."

She walked along the lake, leaving Haesun at the pavilion. Hanseo walked next to her and whispered, "Your Majesty, how can she have the audacity to even do that to the Queen?"

"It's fine, Hanseo. Mistresses are always like that. That's why people don't like them. Does she think she can win over me? I always win."

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Heeseung barged into Yeonbyul's room angrily, pushing Ms Han away. Yeonbyul slammed her chopsticks on the table and frowned, "Don't you know how to knock?"

"Why did you do that to Haesun? Didn't your father teach you manners?"

"She was being rude first. I was eating alone and enjoying my quiet time. She just had to ruin it and even took my cookies."

He scoffed, "It's just cookies! It won't hurt to share a little bit!"

She sighed and got up, "What did she tell you?"

"It's none of your business-"

"No, I need to know. Then, I'll tell you which one is correct and which one is a lie."

"Doesn't matter. What she told me is between me and her."

Yeonbyul scoffed and turned around, "You are head over heels for her."

Heeseung turned her around to make her face him. He held both of her shoulders, "I'm in love with her, Yeonbyul. You're my best friend, I hope you can understand."

With that, he left her alone in the room.