eight - "You tried to embarrass me?"

Haesun woke up and moved Heeseung's hand away from her stomach. She got off the bed and wore her robe before walking to the balcony, inhaling some fresh midnight air.

How to get rid of the Queen?

I need to be the Queen.

Heeseung will be under my control.

I need to get rid of that crowned prince first. It seems like he'll join hands with Yeonbyul to get rid of me.

She walked back in and rummaged through Heeseung's drawers, taking out the royal law book. She quietly tiptoed back to the balcony and began turning pages to pages.

Rule 1

• The crowned prince must be the child of the King by blood. If the King fails to have an heir, the throne will be given to the King's nephew.

Rule 2

• The King must choose a wife from a noble family, who are well-educated and suits the criteria of a Queen Consort.

Rule 3

• The King is allowed to have as many concubines as he wants. However, the Queen must be loyal to the King and obey his orders.

Haesun smirked as she read rule number three.

Heeseung is already head over heels for me. He would do everything I say. That means I could get rid of the Queen easily.

Rule 4

• People who committed treason towards the royal family can be executed only by the King's orders. If the Queen wishes to execute someone, she must have the King's permission and a reasonable excuse.

"Poor Yeonbyul. You are just Lee Heeseung's puppet. A wife for show only. You don't have the right to act as you own him. I own him now."

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Yeonbyul woke up from her sleep and the first thing she saw was a hand blocking the sun for her. She got up and stretched herself. Her eyes widened when she realised she has been sleeping on Sunghoon's lap for a while.

"Good morning, Your Majesty, " he smiled.

"What were you doing? Were you trying to do something to me?"

He closed his book and sighed, "I saw you sleeping here on the ground and thought I could join you. We're friends anyway. Don't worry, I won't bite you. Unless you want me to."

Yeonbyul got up and dust off the dirt from her dress, "I'm going to go freshen up myself. Would you like to join me for breakfast?"

Sunghoon's eyes lit up and he bowed, "It would be an honour, Your Majesty."

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

"Your Majesty!" Ms Han called her worriedly. Yeonbyul shushed her and took off her clothes before going into the bathroom.