three - "The day we met for the first time."

Yeonbyul walked around the streets, looking through the stores and restaurants. She wanted to escape the palace again, especially when she had to watch her husband acting sweet with his future concubine. She wanted him to treat her like that too. But it was just a useless wish.

She walked into a bar and asked the bartender to give her the strongest liquor. She put her hood up and rested her face on the table, her mind was filled with 'what-if's.

The bartender served her the drink, "You shouldn't drink this too much, miss. You'll end up puking in the middle of the streets."

"I don't care, " she said and drank it in one shot. The drink was stabbing her throat and she coughed at how strong it was.

"I'll have the same drink as hers, " a male figure sat next to her. She lifted her head to see who the person was. He had beautiful eyes and a mole near them. She examined his features slowly. He was handsome.

"Usually people would introduce themselves now but it's okay. I'll give you the time to examine my handsome features, " the guy said.

Yeonbyul cleared her throat and fixed her position, "I can't tell you who I am."

"Well then. I guess I'll have to do it alone then. I'm Park Sunghoon."

She nodded and looked away, asking the bartender for the same drink. When she was about to drink it, Sunghoon snatched the glass and drank it for her. She glared at him, "Yah!"

"You'll get drunk on the way home and strangers could take advantage of that."

"So you think you won't get drunk?"

"I have a high tolerance for alcohol, " he smirked.

Her lips curved into a smile and she looked away to hide it. She decided to obey him, watching him as he gulped down his second glass.

Park Sunghoon is a very familiar name.

Have I met him before?

"You really can't tell me your name?" He asked again.

She sighed, "My surname is Park."

He chuckled, "Well then, I guess fate wants us to meet. We have the same surname."

Her phone beeped and Heeseung's name was displayed on the screen. He was trying to call her continuously but she purposely ignored it.

"I'm holding an event at my house. Would you like to come?" Yeonbyul asked him. She was surprised that she unexpectedly had an invitation card in her handbag.

Sunghoon took the card, "I would love to."

Before he even got to ask her why it was held in the palace, she already ran away from the bar. She didn't want him to ask her about her identity.

Sunghoon chuckled softly and took out the same invitation card from his pocket, "I got invited to the same ball."

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

It was already midnight. The palace guards were guarding the entrance gate so Yeonbyul had to climb up the wall from the back of the palace. She landed on the ground but accidentally cramped her leg. She fell and winced in pain, cupping her mouth so that she wouldn't make any noise. The King's headquarters were at the back of the palace so she was directly behind Heeseung's chamber.

She limped her way from the back of the chamber until a voice stopped her, "Where were you?"

She turned around and saw Heeseung folding his arms. She bit her bottom lip nervously, "I went out for fresh air."

"That requires for you to escape the palace?"

He walked towards her, "You smell of alcohol. Did you drink?"

"It's none of your business."

He sighed tiredly and grabbed her hand before leading her to his room. He made her sit on the couch and searched for a first-aid kit. He sat down next to her and lifted her cramped foot, putting it on his lap.

"You do know you need to sleep early for tomorrow's ceremony?"

Yeonbyul sighed and looked away. She didn't want to think about Haesun and he just had to bring it up.

"You really love her, huh?" She asked.

He smiled to himself, "She's smart, sweet. She fits my ideal type."

She pushed his hands away and put down her foot. He cleared his throat and put away the kit.

"What do you think about me, Your Majesty?" She asked eagerly.

He was surprised by the sudden question and stayed quiet. Yeonbyul looked away and laughed at herself for being stupid.

"I'm sorry for bothering you late at night, Your Majesty. Good night and have a good sleep, " she bowed before leaving the room.