forty-four - "He finally realised."

[ edited ]

Yeonbyul took a deep breath as she held her bathrobe tightly, trembling in fear and anxiety. She wore the robe and nothing underneath, walking out of the bathroom as she made her way to the bed. Sunghoon was already sleeping soundly, probably too tired waiting for her. She sighed in relief as she sat on the bed, admiring his facial features.

She traced the mole on his face looked at his eyelashes, hearing him breathe a calming rhythm. He turned to face her and opened his eyes, "Like what you see?"

She moved away as fast as lightning and hugged herself, hiding her surprised expression. He got off the bed and hugged her from the back, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Why are you shy? We're already married," he asked softly as he swayed her side to side. She turned around and pulled away, still holding her robe so that it wouldn't fall, "I never...you know...do that."

"Do what?" He smirked, teasing her further. She got annoyed and sighed as she sat on the couch, "I'm afraid that you won't like me if I... You know what we shouldn't talk about this. Must we do it tonight? I'm tired and you're already asleep just now."

He exhaled and smiled, nodding before walking towards the closet to change into his pyjamas. She ran her fingers through her hair, feeling pressure all over her. She knew that they both needed to have an heir to the throne but she was not ready. She was also amazed at how relaxed Heeseung was about the baby-making topic.

Her husband walked out of the closet and laid on the bed, "You should change. You'll get cold if you wear that to sleep."

She obeyed and walked to the closet, changing into her pyjamas. She stared at herself in the mirror, asking herself if she made Sunghoon upset. She walked back out and lied down next to him. His back was facing her and she patted it gently, "Sunghoon."

He hummed in response. She took a deep breath as she asked, "Are you upset? That we didn't do anything on our wedding night?"

He turned around so that they were facing each other, "Were you worried about that? No, of course not. I'm not going to force you. We can take time. Besides, imagine if the child gets all the attention from you. What will happen to me? I want you all to myself first then we'll think about the baby-making."

She smiled and waited as he put his hand for her to lay on. They both cuddled each other before falling into their dreamland.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Yeonbyul smiled as the maids greeted her happily, "Good morning, Your Majesty!"

Hearing people calling her by the title made her feel a bit uncomfortable. She hasn't heard the title for months already and people started to call her that again. She stopped walking and her eyes widened when she saw Heeseung approaching her with a serious face.

"Heeseung–"

"Come with me," he grabbed her arm and led her to a secret and quiet room where people wouldn't find them. He turned on the lights and handed her some pictures, "Look at these."

"Is this Haesun? Who is this guy?" She asked curiously. He sighed and sat down, "I'm starting to feel that Haesun is having an affair. And the child is not mine."

"What?"

"I went to the hospital a few days ago to ask for the baby's DNA because I feel like she and the doctor are hiding something from me. It's not mine."

"How could she– I mean, I'm so sorry to hear this. You must be devastated. Anything else?"

"I'm sorry to tell you this but... Hanseo died. I believe Haesun is one of the suspects."

Yeonbyul dropped the pictures and grabbed him by the collar, "What do you mean she died?! Why didn't you tell me?! I was so excited to see her tomorrow!"

"I just found out about it! The royal investigator told me. The day after the incident, Haesun came back and I saw blood dripping from her engagement ring."

Her legs became weak and she fell. Hanseo was her best friend and the one who was always by her side when she's alone at the South palace. The fact about her being killed by her enemy made her blood boil.

"I want to kill her with my own hands," she swore as she clenched her fists tightly that nails were digging into her skin.

Heeseung didn't know what to do. All of the information made him speechless and he was too tired to cover up for his mistress. Yeonbyul got up and exhaled heavily, "What are you going to do now? Are you going to let her get away with this like you always did? It's not a surprise anymore."

He stayed silent and let her cursed at him because he knew he deserved it. He let Mr Kim got away after killing his ex-wife's father. She was about to walk out of the room until his words stopped her, "Let me join hands with you."

"What?" She looked at him in surprise. He sighed, "It's about time I finally do something right. You're right, if I stay with Haesun, the kingdom is falling apart, and it is starting now. Let me join hands with you. I'll do anything it takes to make Haesun acknowledge her crimes. I'll drop the heaviest punishment."

"The heaviest punishment is to execute her. Are you sure you can do that?"

He ran his fingers through his hair, feeling stressed and frustrated, "I will execute her."

"Don't. It won't be fun to execute her instantly. I need to get my revenge and have a little fun, don't you think?"