forty-one - "She's planning something."

Heeseung walked back and forth in his office. He turned around and stared at the papers on his desk. He walked towards it and read it again.

"The baby is not yours."

He sighed as he looked at the pictures given. It was a picture of Haesun with a guy. They both were wearing black, probably to hide their identity. He tried to remember back what Yeonbyul had warned him about the mistress, "You have to keep your guard up. We don't know what Haesun could be up to."

"I will protect you, Your Majesty. Just be cautious and don't trust anyone."

"I will make you realise who's the real villain all along! And you will regret not believing me!"

"I will not adopt the baby. Who knows who the father might be."

He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. The door opened and Haesun walked in with a bowl of instant noodles. He frowned, "I'm busy, Haesun."

"Just eat it, I made it by myself."

He faced her and pushed the bowl away, "I said I'm busy. Even Yeonbyul knows when to leave when I'm working. Stop forcing me to not work. If I don't work, then the kingdom would be a chaos."

The mistress pouted and poured the noodle soup all over the paper. He pushed the bowl away, "What the hell are you doing?!"

"I want attention," she said, acting all cute and sulky. Heeseung exhaled tiredly and got out of the room, leaving her alone. She clenched her fists in anger and ripped the papers off, "This is because of that bitch, isn't it? Because of her, my relationship with Heeseung is not the same as before."

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊         ┊       ┊   ✫
┊         ┊       ✩    
┊ ⊹       ✯

Hanseo hummed a melody as she drank her tea outside of her house. She smiled as she closed her eyes, letting the sunlight shining towards her. After a while, a car parked in the driveway, earning her attention. She stood up and saw Haesun walked out of it, folding her arms.

"Lady Haesun," she rolled her eyes. She was still angry at what the mistress did to the former South Queen. Homewrecker, whore, stupid, bitch, she cursed under her breath as she glared at Haesun.

Haesun walked towards the former court lady and sighed as she looked at the mountain view in front of her, "I didn't know you live near the forest. It's such a beautiful place."

"I believe you must have something you need to come here."

"Yes. Yes, I do," the mistress said and sat down on a chair next to her, "Were you the one who stalked me and sent pictures of me to my husband?"

"His Majesty is not your husband yet. And why do you ask? Did he tell you?"

"I saw the pictures on his desk. The only ones who are suspicious of me are you, Ms Han and also that freak, Yeonbyul."

Hanseo glared at the woman next to her. Haesun smirked, "She's not a Queen anymore. I can call her however I want."

"Does that mean it's true then? That the baby is not Heeseung's? Wow, it's quite surprising but not new. After all, you are a whore anyway."

"Hanseo!" Haesun stood up angrily but the court lady continued, "You wrecked Heeseung and Yeonbyul's marriage, then slept with another man and claimed that the baby is Heeseung's? At this point, it is so obvious that you wanted to kick Yeonbyul away from the throne. Never knew a noblewoman as you could be so...cheap."

She walked away, going back inside. Haesun gritted her teeth in anger and picked up the chair before hitting Hanseo's head with it. The court lady fell to the ground as blood oozed out from her head. Haesun dropped the chair and ran away, getting into her car.

She searched for a tissue and wiped her bloody hands with it, mumbling nonsense in panic.

"I killed her... I killed a person... Oh my God... I killed a person."

She held the steering wheel and pulled herself together, smiling, "Don't worry, Kim Haesun. She doesn't have to bother you anymore. Your goal now is to get rid of Yeonbyul. Yes, that's right. Yeonbyul needs to die."

She laughed like an insane person as she drove away, humming a song happily. She pressed on the pedal and didn't care about other cars that were passing by. Her mind was filled with thoughts and plans for getting rid of the future North Queen.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊         ┊       ┊   ✫
┊         ┊       ✩    
┊ ⊹       ✯

Yeonbyul walked to the throne room and saw Sunghoon talking to the ministers about something. He looked frustrated and stressed, yelling about something sternly. She hid behind the wall and listened as they all discussed something.

"I told you to investigate about the future Queen of the South. And this is what you got me?" Sunghoon said angrily.

Yeonbyul arched an eyebrow in confusion, why would he investigate about Haesun?

"Forgive me, Your Majesty. The documents were sent from the South Kingdom and even the lawyers were confused on why King Heeseung didn't agree to the business. They said that they saw him signing the agreement but then the documents that they sent were empty."

Could Haesun be the one changing the documents? Does she know that I'm here?

"I want you to hire a spy to keep an eye on the royal concubine. I believe she has something to do with this. And bring me any latest news or rumours about her," the King ordered before exhaling tiredly.

The doors opened and a few ministers saw her hiding behind the wall, "Lady Yeonbyul, it is a pleasure to see you."

They all bowed, earning the King's attention who was still in the throne room. Yeonbyul tried to shush them but failed. She walked to the entrance and bowed at the people inside. Sunghoon sighed, "Were you listening?"

She nodded and lowered her gaze, embarrassed that she got caught. He smiled and motioned for her to come towards him. She approached him and he pulled her closer, making her sit on his lap.

"Wait– people are watching!"

"Ignore them. I haven't seen you all day."

"Talking about Haesun, I have a feeling that she's hiding something from Heeseung. And I know she's trying to get rid of me now that I came back. I feel like she has something to do with exchanging the documents," she said as she thought for a while.

"Me too. We must keep an eye on her. Who knows what she would do next."