ten - "When I thought you're in love with me."

Sitting in the meeting room for more than four hours was torturing Yeonbyul. She fixed her posture numerous times already. She was amazed at how Heeseung was focused and not tired in the meeting.

"Are you okay?" Heeseung's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. She looked at him who was giving her a worried look. She smiled and nodded to assure him that she was fine.

He continued talking about the preparations of the kingdom, ignoring her once again.

"Forgive me, Your Majesty, for asking you this. But when will you both have a baby?" Mr Kim asked. Yeonbyul glared at him, 'Him and Haesun really don't know how to mind their own business. Like father, like daughter.'

Heeseung chuckled nervously, "We're not ready, Mr Kim."

Mr Park's eyes lit up and he smiled, "Your Majesty is growing old day by day. I'm afraid that you both won't have the time to have the next heir to the throne."

The Queen narrowed her eyes at her father for saying that. She never even kissed her husband and they expect her to have a baby with him. Heeseung sighed, "We'll think about it, Mr Park. It's Yeonbyul's job to decide since she will be the one carrying and giving birth to my baby."

The ministers bowed at him as he left the room with Yeonbyul. She was about to go to her headquarters until he grabbed her hand to stop her.

Yeonbyul turned around and looked at him confusedly, "What are you doing?"

"Do you want to...go on a date?" He asked shyly, letting go of her hand.

Her heart pounded quickly than the usual pace. She felt butterflies in her stomach. It was what she wanted, she wanted Heeseung to at least pay attention to her and put an effort to love her as a wife.

"Leave Haesun behind, " she said before walking away.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Yeonbyul wore a dress her father-in-law gave. It was a gift since she was marrying his son. It was tailored with expensive and rare silk. She paired the dress with her favourite heels and went to the entrance with Hanseo.

"Your Majesty, do you think that His Majesty is finally falling in love with you?" The court lady asked excitedly.

"I don't know, Hanseo. I'm quite nervous. The last time we went out together like this was when we were both fifteen."

Heeseung soon came in a casual outfit. He looked handsome in it. Yeonbyul blushed and cleared her throat, "Shall we go now?"

He nodded and they both were about to get into the car until a loud voice yelled, "Heeseung!"

Hanseo's eyes widened when she saw Haesun running towards them. Yeonbyul glared at her, "Where are your manners? Shouldn't you call us by our titles?"

Haesun lowered her gaze in fear. Heeseung patted his wife's back before walking towards his mistress, "Haesun, I'm going out with my wife. Stay here and wait for me."

"But I want to come too! Since when are you in love with her?" The mistress asked angrily.

Hanseo rolled up her sleeves angrily, "How dare you to speak rudely to the Queen!"

Yeonbyul held her back, calming her down. She glared at the mistress and then her husband, "You can go on a date with her. She ruined my mood already."

Heeseung tried to grab her hand but failed, "Yeonbyul-ah."

The Queen walked too fast for him to stop her. Deep down in her heart, it shattered into pieces.

What if I show him that I love him first.

Would he change his mind and love me?

"Your Majesty..." Hanseo called softly. She was worried about Yeonbyul's feelings. She turned around and saw Heeseung hugging Haesun to calm her down.

"Hanseo-ah, " Yeonbyul called, her voice breaking.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Let's go somewhere far away from here. I want to be alone for a while."

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Yeonbyul walked slowly to the back gate, wiping her tears away. She burst into a laugh and sobbed, "Why am I crying over this stupid thing?"

Hanseo patted her back gently, "Your Majesty, it's not your fault that it happened like this. He was the one who left you. You tried everything to save the relationship."

The Queen smiled and her eyes widened in surprise when she saw a manly figure at the gate. Sunghoon walked towards her and smiled softly.

"Your Highness-"

He interrupted her words, pulling her into a hug. He patted her back gently, "It's okay."

Hanseo and Ms Han turned around to look away and blushed, cheeks started to warm up. Yeonbyul exhaled heavily, feeling comfortable in his hug, "What are you doing here?"

"I was just walking around and I saw you here with your suitcases."

They both pulled away. She put down her suitcase, "I want to go somewhere far. Somewhere that would make me forget what happened today."

"I know a great place. I can show you the place if you let me."

Yeonbyul smiled, "Please, Your Highness."