twenty-nine - "Finally, you signed the papers."

Sunghoon took off his helmet and got off his motorbike, exhaling heavily. He fixed his leather jacket and walked into the building. He rented the place for the night since he wanted privacy. He even told his assistant and butlers not to follow him.

He wore his skating shoes and walked to the ice rink. He skated around the rink for a while, thinking about how Yeonbyul struggled to keep her balance. He chuckled to himself and did a triple axel. He skated so elegantly that he knew if she was there, she would've been cheering and filming him on her phone.

He let his legs take over, skating around the rink and ignoring his surroundings. He didn't even notice his mother coming in and watching him from the audience seats. His mother smiled and filmed him on her phone.

After he was done, she applauded and cheered, "That was beautiful, Sunghoon-ah."

He smiled, "Mom!"

He ran out of the rink and hugged her. She moved a few strands of hair from his hair, "Is something bothering you?"

He took a seat on a bench and took off his shoes, "I'm in love with someone."

"Who?" She asked excitedly.

"She's smart, elegant, kind, beautiful. She's very wise and polite. But she's married. And she's not happy. She told me to keep loving her but I knew some parts of her heart still loves her husband. I want her to be my wife, my queen, but it seems impossible. What should I do?" He ran his fingers through his hair.

The former Queen chuckled softly, "Do you want to hear a story?"

Sunghoon waited as his mother started talking, "I was married to an abusive man before I met your father. I was also not noble. My father used to be the palace guard and my mother was a slave for a wealthy family. I got married to this man thinking that it was love but it wasn't. He had this strange addiction to alcohol and sex but he knew that I didn't want to have it with him. So he cheated on me and had sex with prostitutes and his mistresses."

"I ran away and went to the light festival to calm my mind down. That's when I met your father. He was still a crowned prince by then. He was disguised as a nobleman and decided to approach me to give me company. I fell in love with him and thought that it would be impossible to meet him again."

"But little did I know, your father tried to search me for years and years. And after 10 years, he found me and asked for my hand in marriage. I knew it was my chance to finally be with him and escape my abusive ex-husband so I agreed to marry him. And we both lived happily ever since then. Especially when we had you."

Sunghoon smiled, "What happened to your ex-husband?"

"He died due to overdose of alcohol and drugs. Let him be. The point of my story is if both of you are in love with each other and if she knows that her relationship is abusive with her husband, she'll eventually decide to leave him to be with you."

"It's hard. She's still confused about her feelings. And I don't want to force her."

"If she's the right one for you, then she'll be yours. Trust me. Fate has its way. You just need to wait for her."

He smiled and rested his head on his mother's shoulder, "Thank you, mom."

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊         ┊       ┊   ✫
┊         ┊       ✩    
┊ ⊹       ✯

Haesun walked into Yeonbyul's office, feeling confused and annoyed at the same time. She opened the door and saw her signing a few documents.

"Why do you want to see me?" The mistress asked. Yeonbyul smiled and handed her the papers as she took a seat across her.

"I decided that I will adopt your child as a legitimate child of the royal family."

Haesun widened her eyes, she didn't expect the Queen would give in so easily. Little did she know, the Queen was planning something in her mind.

I'll adopt the child. I'll let Heeseung marry you and you will take over my position. I'm okay as long as His Majesty is happy. I'll get a divorce and after I'm not a Queen anymore, I'll make sure to bring you down. It'll make my job easier.

"Why so sudden?" Haesun asked. Yeonbyul smiled leaned back against her chair, "I'm going to get a divorce. A kingdom needs a Queen too. You'll take over my position. That's what you wanted all this time. I'm tired of being betrayed by my husband all the time. It's time I step down from the throne."

"It's about time you make the right decision. You did great, Your Majesty."

"You may tell His Majesty about this. I'm curious to see his response."

Haesun left the room, scurrying to the King's headquarters happily. Yeonbyul followed her from behind and stood silently behind the wall as she watched Heeseung and Haesun talked in front of his room.

"Her Majesty decided to adopt the child!" The mistress said excitedly. Heeseung cupped her cheeks and gave her a quick happy kiss.

Yeonbyul watched silently from afar, biting her bottom lip nervously. "I'm sure Her Majesty already told you about the divorce right? This is great, Your Majesty! I can finally be your wife and Queen Consort!" Haesun hugged him tightly.

Heeseung ruffled her hair, "You need to start taking lessons to become Queen. I'll tell your court lady to find the best person to give you lessons, I promise."

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊         ┊       ┊   ✫
┊         ┊       ✩    
┊ ⊹       ✯

Yeonbyul walked on the bridge above the pond, staring at the fish swimming around. She watched as the clouds greeted her in the sky. Hanseo scurried towards her, "Your Majesty! Is it true that you're getting a divorce?!"

Ms Han panted as she tried to chase after Hanseo. Exhaling and inhaling heavily before sitting down on the bridge. Yeonbyul nodded and smiled. Hanseo cried, "Your Majesty! That means I will not get to see you again! How can I be there for you when you're at your worst?!"

Yeonbyul hugged the court lady and rubbed her back gently, "We could still meet again. I'll visit you and you'll visit me. Besides, Heeseung didn't even sign the papers yet."

"He just did, Your Majesty. Just now in the throne room with Mr Kim and Haesun," Ms Han told her.

"It's happening. I'm getting a divorce..."