twelve - "I wish for someone to love me back."

Yeonbyul went to the balcony to take pictures of the mountains. She looked at the garden and saw Sunghoon reading a book peacefully. She admired him from afar, taking a closer look at his features.

He was handsome. If she wasn't married to Heeseung, she would've asked her dad to set her up with him. But unfortunately, her heart belongs to Heeseung, her childhood friend. Her phone rang for the hundredth time that day, Heeseung displayed at the screen.

She didn't want to pick it up. She wanted him to be angry. She wanted to be the cause of his anger and worry. Not Haesun. She wanted Heeseung to at least care for her, not just use her to get the throne.

She closed her eyes and inhaled the fresh air. It smelled nice, unlike the palace where it smelled like a prison for her. She looked again at the garden and the prince was nowhere to be found.

Her room door was knocked. She opened it and saw him walking in, "My lady, would you like to go out with me?"

Her eyes widened, she wasn't used to the nickname yet. But she liked hearing him call her that. She cleared her throat, "I'm married."

Sunghoon cleared his throat, "What I mean is, explore the town with me..."

Yeonbyul cursed at herself internally, feeling stupid after what response she gave to him. She forced herself to smile through the embarrassment, "Ah yes. I'll go get ready."

Sunghoon bowed before leaving the room. He leaned against the door and ran his fingers through his hair.

Kyaaaa why is she so cute?!

Wait. She's a married woman, Park Sunghoon.

Pull yourself together.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Yeonbyul hummed a happy melody, skipping her way downstairs. She saw Sunghoon playing with his phone in the living room. He wore an outfit that made him look like boyfriend material. She blushed and cleared her throat, earning his attention.

"You ready to go?" He smiled. She nodded and walked to the entrance door. He clicked on the car keys, opening the car doors automatically. The doors moved upwards. She exhaled in relief because she thought the doors were going to separate from the car.

She has never ridden in a car like that. Of course, Heeseung owns at least five of them but he never lets her ride in it. So she always rides in an SUV to go anywhere. They both got into the car and he drove to a place where there were so many cars parked at the parking lot.

There were food stalls, stalls that sell toys and lanterns, jewellery and handicrafts. She looked around confusedly, "Why is it so crowded?"

"They're having a light festival today. I thought I should take you here to see it."

He walked ahead of her, going to one of the food stalls. Her lips curved into a small smile and she went to the prince, watching him order some food.

They both sat near the lake, watching people preparing their colourful boats. Some even decorating their boats with lights and flowers. Kids were playing with lanterns, couples were taking pictures with each other.

"It's fun to see everyone enjoying their time here, " Yeonbyul said, sighing.

"This festival happens every four years. That's why people always compete to come here. It's always crowded if you're late."