vingt-trois; "hideous creatures"

| twenty-three; "hideous creatures" |

              [friday. 10 hours until the party.]

   Nothing interesting is happening so far.

I was sitting with my partner, about to dissect the dead squid --that I named Squidward, when a sleepy Michael in his teenage mutant ninja turtles pajamas and purple bed hair emerged through the door. His backpack lazily slinging over one shoulder and he was chewing gum.

How 'punk'.

Everyone's eyes were on him with a few snickering at him in the back.

The teacher made a tsking noise, judging him while sitting up and setting down her mug of coffee.

"Mr. Clifford, why are you late to class?" She asks him, crossing her arms.

I put down my scalpel. I'm too intrigued as to what's gonna happen.

He just shrugs and rolls his eyes at her, which made her raise a brow at him.

"Answer me. Why are you late?" She repeats at him.

Usually this is a simple process where people say 'they're sick' or 'they overslept' or even 'didn't catch the bus'. Instead he gave the nastiest scowl he could ever muster up and said something no one in this school would've said.

"Because I don't wanna fucking be here!" Michael groans, not caring that he cursed in this class.

The room fell silent and we all gape at him.

.

.

That's when I break it.

"Shit just got real." I cough loudly under my breath, not able to take it back.

"Excuse me?"  She blinked, bewildered at him.

"I said I don't wanna be here! Are you deaf?!" He snapped, exploding like a ticking bomb. "I don't fucking like you." He pointed his finger at her. "I don't like you fucking idiots either!" He waved his hand towards us before stepping further.

Her face was red and could not believe what happened.

"That's it. Principal's office. Right now. I will not tolerate that kind of foul behavior and mouth in my classroom." She waved him off dismissively, going over to the phone line to report him down.

"Are you fucking kidding me? First you want me to be here then you want me gone? This is so pointless. I hate this fucking school and all the hideous creatures in here!" His outburst continues as he storms out and stomps all the way out. He turns back around and flips us all off with both of his middle fingers.

My thoughts exactly, Michael. My thoughts exactly.

*+*

"His exact words were 'I hate this fucking school and all the hideous creatures in here' not even kidding." I fill Lexi in with Michael's outburst while we're in the girl's bathroom to get free wifi. (The wifi in this school sucks though)

Half the building already knows about what happened.

"Oh my god.. I even saw him when he was going downstairs. He noticed me too." She pressed her lips into a fine line before continuing. "He smiled at me then he was out of my sight."

"He smiled at you? After what happened?"

"Okay fine. I'm kidding about that but still he noticed me." She says too quick and tries to fix up her hair.