dix-huit; the walk

| eighteen; the walk |

         Tapping my feet against the ground, I sit down on the stairs while humming a beat I made up for the songs as I wait for Calum to come out of school.

I watch as everybody walk out of the school doors and already out of the gates.

What's taking him so long?

It's been a little over five minutes. I swear to god if he's in detention or staying after class, I'm going to ditch him. Well, okay, of course I wouldn't ditch him..

"Hola amiga." His voice creeps into my ears, causing me to jump a little startled.

I quickly stood up to my feet and twist around to meet straight up with his face so close to mine.

My heart quickens as I gulped and backed away from him.

"You scared me," I lightly slap his shoulder, starting to walk beside him to our street direction. "And jeez, what's up with everyone speaking Spanish all of a sudden?"

"I don't even know but I take Spanish." He pokes my side with a childish grin plastered on his face.

"Ah, I see." I nod towards him. "What's your class schedule?" I ask randomly.

Calum turns to me with his infamous smirk, "Of course you would wanna know." He winks.

"Just tell meeee."

"Okay; first English Art, then Alegebra, World Civics, Spanish, Health —since I took gym for two semesters already, then Lunch, and finally Physics." He informs, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Sometimes I wish I took music though." He adds on.

"Wow. You and I have way different classes." I kick the rock that was in my path.

"No shit, Sherlock." He sneers.

"Hey for a detective, I'm pretty clueless if you haven't noticed." I point out.

"Yeah, I've noticed how clueless you are." Calum looks over at me for a moment before his eyes avert away, keeping his distance from me.

I raise a brow, I don't even know what he's talking about...see really am clueless.

We both cross the street without another word. The walk home takes usually 15-20 minutes.

We pass by a old potbellied man who was mowing his lawn while shirtless.. damn our neighborhood is so weird.

Calum's phone vibrated and he takes it out for a second.

I took the chance to sneak a glance at him. He was in the perfect position as the glimmering sunlight was striking him, making him look tan as his messy hair poked out of his snapback in all directions. And might I say.. that he looks very attractive right now.

He catches my gaze and I quickly dart my eyes from him to a random trashcan.

Why do always look at the stupidest things at the wrong times?

I hear him chuckle under his breath, shaking his head and putting away his phone.

"When do you think it'll snow?" I try to cover up, walking beside him.

"Probably next week." He shrugs uncomfortably, stiffening a bit.

It's like he's trying not to be so close to me. Like am I some kind of plague or Ebola? I feel like I did something wrong and it only holds guilt on me.