vingt-quatre; the party

| twenty-four;  the party  |

     I can't believe I'm doing this.

Out of all things I decide to do on a Friday night, I'm going to a party. Okay fine.. it doesn't sound that bad but I'm slowly starting to regret why I'm even going. Who knows what kinda things might happen.

Ally immediately came to my house in 5 minutes when I finally agreed to go with her and we both started getting ready. Well, she started getting ready and throwing my clothes around because she didn't like the outfit she was wearing from her own.

Then as the time passed by and we heard next door fill up, she agreed to a nice mid-thigh length lavender dress and curled her hair at the ends. While I just put on a random floral blouse and capris with my hair down.

As soon as we both step out into dawning night, her heels halted to a stop.

"I can't do this." She quickly lets out, turning around to make a run for it.

I stop in her tracks, turning her back around in front of Dana's lawn. "Oh no you don't. There's no going back."

"There's so many people in there though.." She shudders and tries to get past me.

"Well obviously there's going to be since it's called a party for a reason." I block her and start pushing her towards the entrance.

She's never been to a public party with a lot of teens, so this obviously seems a bit overwhelming for her. But now is definitely not an option to leave.

"What if he's not there?" She squirms around,  trying to get out of my touch when we're finally at the doorstep.

"Well, if he's not in there then you dragged me out of my original decision to attend this stupid party with you for absolutely no reason." I quickly press the doorbell.

"Technically, you were the one who dragged me here right now." She remarks.

"Whatever. Plus he's going to be there. If he's not then I'll be hella pissed and jump out the window." I tell her.

"See, he won't and this is why—"

"Shut up."

And with that, we keep bickering on and soon enough I didn't realize someone had already opened the door for us and was standing there awkwardly in front of us.

"Erm..hi." The short guy with a bag of chips waved at us in the middle, causing us to snap our heads up.

The music was blaring on from inside with the bursting active people in all sorts of directions inside. There were random shouts and interactions everywhere.

"Hey, um, we're here for Dana's party.." I speak up for Ally —who was shyly standing behind me as usual.

"Well come on in." He steps aside for us to get by. His voice was surprisingly deep.

"Thanks." I grab Ally's wrist and pull her beside me. He closes the door behind us and takes a bite of his dorito chips.

"We're here.. yippie." Ally quietly cheers sarcastically while she takes in everyone around with her green eyes.

"Are you happy now?" I cross my arms against my chest.

"I guess." She presses her lips together, not knowing what to do now as we walk in.

There was around thirty to forty people here yet it didn't feel that crowded because they were all over the place and this house is huge. No one seemed to acknowledge us.