treize; friends w/ benefits

| thirteen; 'friends w/ benefits' |

     [Recap]

"I'm virgin."

.

.

.

That one sentence --from an original player I use to think of, just came out,  shocking me into surprise. 

My lips pressed together as I stared at him emotionless.

I should've seen it coming since guys that I usually 'sleep with' never confront me. Well, one did, and it was Ashton.

But I understood Luke at he was going through because it was like I was staring at a reflection, except it was a blonde, hot, boy version of me. This felt so ironic.

Join the club of fake whores, I wanted to say.

But instead I say;

"Oh."

Luke breaks our contact, giving yet another frustrated sigh as he tugs at his sand colored hair.

"You okay?" I ask, growing concerned.

"No actually I'm not okay." He admits. "I'm far from okay because I'm such a fucking dumbass." He scoffs, looking around at everything that isn't me.

That threw me off a little because I didn't think he was like this. Luke Hemmings, one of the most popular guys, yet quiet and brave jerk was actually just a regular scared reject, a teddy bear inside, that you just wanna hug.

I remember when him and Michael were messing around with me, and throwing my text book around, just weeks ago.

And they're best friends, so I ponder the thought if Michael is also like us.

I turn back to Luke to find him fidgeting with backpack straps, with a weak expression that I never thought I'd see on him. He looked like he lost all his confidence and ability to do anything. At the sight of this, it makes me kinda wish he didn't tell me his secret...but I'm glad he did because I don't feel alone anymore.

Right now, I feel so bad for judging him as an arrogant jerk like most of the guys at our school, for he is just like me.

"Luke, you're not a dumbass. Being a secret virgin isn't wrong. It's okay to take your time and everything. Life isn't always how you plan it to be. We all have something hidden inside of us. So you're not alone on this. But I admit this generation we live, won't always help us fit in...so we take different routes." I inquire, courage rising to comfort him.

And I'm one of those people who takes the different routes.

He finally looks back at me, as he grows pale, paler than usual. He's like a blank sheet of paper... need to shut my thoughts up.

"Yeah but you don't really get me because even though we might be thought of as the same kind of individuals, we're actually not." Luke persists.

Little did he know, that we really are.

"Luke, listen,I'm telling you that I get what you mean." I assure, looking right at him.

"No Adalia, you actually don't understand." He lightly shakes his head.

When will he get it?

I cross my arms against my chest, "Then enlighten me on what I should understand."