vingt-huit; the kiss

| twenty-eight; the kiss|

- tuesday -

He leaned against his palm, elbow propped up for him as he moved the pencil cautiously along the paper.

I probably look like a weirdo checking him out (as usual) but in my defense, I couldn't help it.

It was the first time in a long time actually seeing him in the same room out in public. From the view from over here, it seemed that he was drawing something but I couldn't be sure since he's all the way across the cafeteria.

His eyes glowered down at it in concentration before flickering his gaze up, as if by instinct, that someone was watching him and I stared right at him, unable to look away.

My fingernails tapped at my book page and that's when he gave a double take before settling his brown eyes on me.

My smile wavered at the corners of my lips and the crinkles were visible at his feature.

I was about to wave over at him for him to come over, just when..

"Hey babe!" A tall figure blocked my view, standing right before my eyes and completely ruining Calum and I's moment.

I dropped my book, startled and look up at Luke, who takes a seat across from me with a grin.

"Babe?" I manage out, picking up my book and sitting up in my seat.

"Yeah. . ." his cheeks flushed crimson. "You can take this opportunity to give me a nickname, considering some of my friends might be coming over here soon." He adds quickly with a wink.

"Penguin boy?"

He gasps, leaning forward. "How'd you know I like penguins?"

"Uh. . ." I point my finger to his hidden black shirt with a cuddly penguin in answer.

"Oh right." He quietly giggles, zipping up his hoodie to cover it up.

"Your non-punkiness is showing." I whisper, chuckling.

"Oh shush." He mumbles, nibbling on the inside of his cheek. "Whatcha readin'?"

I close my book right away and shove it into my bag. "The Fine Arts of Life." I mutter out in response.

"Sounds boring." He says through his mouth full of mashed potatoes.

"Thanks penguin boy."

"No problem babe."

As if on cue, Michael and a girl take their seats at our table. I haven't seen him since the incident from two weeks ago.

"Hey Harper." Michael greets, taking his seat next to Luke with the girl on the other side.

"Hi Clifford." I tug at my sleeves, faking a smile.

"This is Kathy, one of my friends-"

"Katrina." She corrects him, glaring at him.

"Sorry, my memory isn't good today." He shrugs, lying. "You two are dating now, right?" He asks, Katrina huffing under her breath.
I instantly meet up with Luke's blue eyes and he gives me a look of approval.

"Yeah." I clear my throat, nodding.

"Alright. . ." Michael tilts his -new black haired- head and studies my expression. I purse my lips and shift awkwardly. "That's cool."

"Luke, I thought you didn't date." Katrina blurts out of nowhere, picking at her nails. "Isn't that what you told me before when I asked you out?"

"Um.. well now I do because Adalia and I are very fond of each other." Luke reaches out for my hand and squeezes my palm.