vingt-six; panic! at the window

| twenty-six;  panic! at the window |

   I woke up to the sound of the wind blowing loudly outside, which caused me to wrap my pillow around my head to block the noise. Half asleep, I pressed my face against the pillow, snoring softly.

A few seconds passed before I realized that this pillow did not smell like mine, and it instead had a musky scent. I shoved the pillow away from me, sitting up in the unfamiliar bed I was on.

My eyes roam around the room, scanning every bit of the messy place with stacks of papers and books on the desk, light blue painted walls —half covered in band posters and action figures set on the drawers before they land on a picture frame with a young hairless boy.

That looks like fetus Calum.

Ohmygod, it is him.

My eyes grow wide and I let go of the sheets, scrambling to get out of the bed and end up landing on the floor with a thud.

Panic crept into my mind as I say out loud to myself. "Why am I in his room?"

What if we... before I could even think about the possibility,  I glance down at myself to find myself still in full clothing and I sigh of relief.

But that still doesn't explain what in the world happened last night!

I hear someone's footsteps scurry into the room in a hurry.

"Ada— wait, where is she? Adalia?" Calum speaks out all quickly, looking around.

"I'm over here." I raise my hand in the air from the ground, flailing it lazily.

He rushes over to my side, looking down at me with raised brows.

"You need to get outta here quick." He grabs my shoulders, helping me up.

I get up from his touch, confused. "Huh?" I rub my temples. My head is killing me..

"You need to leave, my aunt and mom are back and they're downstairs." He looks over his shoulder while whispering. "You're the last person to leave —since you won't wake up earlier." He sounds aggitated.

"O-Okay.. I'll head down now." I whisper back, starting to walk away before he pulls me back by my wrist.

"Did you not hear me? I said they're downstairs." He hisses, flicking me in the forehead.

"Ow.." I slap his finger away. "So is there another way out? Like through the back?" I ask nervously.

"Yeah not exactly." He looks around the room. "Can you through the window?"

"No way am I—"

"Calum, can I see in my room for a minute please?" I get cut off by his mom yelling down the hall as she comes closer.

"Fuck," he pushes me into the closet while holding onto me.

"What the-" my voice muffles into his palm to shut me up and I have to blink twice in the new dark area.

"Just stay in here until I get back." were the last words before he slid the door closed and left me.

I shut my eyes and cover my own mouth while crouching down in the small closet, my back to the wall as I try not to make any noise.

A lot seemed to happen already and I just woke up.

Such a great way to start the morning by being shoved in a dark closet all alone. I roll my eyes while trying to fish out my phone from my back pocket.
Out of the dead silence, a sudden grumble fills the air along with movement right beside me. I jerk back, shielding myself from whatever it may be.