𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟐𝟓,𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎
𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐓𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐬

𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟐𝟓,𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐓𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐬

𝐍𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐢-𝐀𝐳𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬

Moving my body around, I popped my eyes open when I didn't feel Jameer near me. Rubbing my eyes, I looked around to be met with an empty room. Sitting up in the bed, I looked on the night stand to be met with the sight of a little piece of paper. Picking the paper up, I started to read what was a note.

Happy Birthday mama,

I know you probably looking for me, just know I kissed you before I left so don't be too mad. Get the crust out your eye too. It's a surprise waiting on you downstairs. Handle your business then go get it, from that point forward I don't want you worrying about what's next. Just know that you're in good hands, see you later love.

-Papa

Allowing a laugh to slip pass my lips, I rubbed my eye and got the crust out. Throwing the cover off my half naked body, I grabbed my phone and disconnected my charger. Sliding out of the bed, I walked into my bathroom. Flicking the light on, I grabbed my facial wash and tooth brush to take care of my business.

Exiting my bathroom with a bonnet on my head, and a simple outfit that consisted of sweats, and a black tee shirt I slid my feet into my house shoes.

Sliding my phone into my pocket, I walked over to my door pulling it open. Walking down the hallway, I turned left and jogged down the stairs. Hitting the bottom step, I got a big whiff of food. Walking towards the kitchen, my stomach grumbled as the smell got stronger. Rounding the corner, and walking into the kitchen I was met with the back of a body sitting at the counter.

"Hello." I spoke, cautiously walking a little further into the kitchen.

"Oh- hi ! I'm Joyce, Jameers teedy." They spoke, turning around in the chair sending a bright smile my way.

"Oh my gosh, hey it's nice to meet you." I said, walking over to where she was smiling at her.

Opening her arms, I walked into them allowing her to pull me into a warm hug while she rubbed my back.

"You are very beautiful, I've heard so much about you !" She spoke softly in my ear, as I closed my eyes basking in her embrace.

Jameer was always telling me about his "teedy" Joyce and I've been waiting to meet her.

"I could say the same about you, Jameer talks about you every chance he gets." I replied opening my eyes as we slightly pulled apart smiling. At this point my jaws were hurting, but I could care less.

"Ok so I would talk your ear off but Jameer told me to let you eat then you go in the living room. After you are done in there, you can throw something on so you could get your day started." She informed me, as she squeezed my upper arms a little.