𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖

𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐓𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐬
𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟐𝟓, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎

𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐓𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐬𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟐𝟓, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎

𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞

Stepping out of the drivers side of the car, I shut the door and walked around to the sidewalk. Opening Nylani's door, I helped her out the car before shutting the door and locking them, setting the car alarm in the process.

Holding her hand as we walked to the shop, I used my key to unlock the door. Opening the door to the empty shop, I allowed her to walk in front of me. Shutting the door behind me, I locked it and walked to my station.

"Why you ain't get a cover zure ?" I asked her, as I flicked the light on.

"I didn't feel like it." I heard her mumble, as a yawn followed.

Shaking my head, I walked over to the closet grabbing the fluffy blanket, and a pillow. Walking over to her, I tapped her so she could sit up.

Lifting her body up, I placed the pillow under her head, and threw the cover over her body as she laid down. Looking under the table, I saw that she had her slides under it letting me know she had nothing on her feet.

Typical Nylani

Setting my station up, I got ready for my first appointment.

"Mama." I spoke, wiping down the other table I had at my station.

"Mhm." She hummed loud enough for me to hear, making me shake my head.

She must don't think I know she stayed up til five in the morning eating junk, knowing she had to get up early today.

"You ok ?" I questioned, standing up straight tossing the wet wipe into the trash.

"You want me to lie ?" She asked lazily, making me furrow my eye brows. Walking over to the table, I crouched down so I could be eye level with her.

"What's the matter boo ?" I asked, moving her hair out of her face.

"My stomach hurt." She spoke, making me nod.

"You want a ginger ale ?" I replied, rubbing the back of her neck as I received a nod. Standing up, I walked over to the fridge pulling it open. Grabbing the bottle of ginger ale, I shut it walking back over to her.

"Sit up for me." I instructed, twisting the top of the ginger ale off. Placing the bottle in her hand, I watched as she drunk it. Examining her face, she looked as if she had sweat forming on her forehead.

Placing my hand on her forehead, I furrowed my eyebrows once I felt that she was cold to the touch. Taking the ginger ale from her once she was done, I voiced my concerns.

"Mama, you not hot ?" I asked, looking down at her.

"No, I'm a little cold though. And my body feel heavy." She replied, making me shake my head and internally nod once I heard the door of the shop open letting me know Rikki, the receptionist had just walked in.