𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎

𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟑, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎
Saint Louis, Missouri

𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟑, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎Saint Louis, Missouri

𝐍𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐢 𝐀𝐳𝐮𝐫𝐞-𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬

Playing with Jameer's ear as I sat in his lap, I looked around the partially full venue. There were about a hundred other people here, but it seemed like there were less than that due to the size of the venue.

It was currently 5:15 and we've been here since 1:00. I've been dancing with my aunt, mom, and dad, eating, and talking to family against my will. I was tired of hearing the line "I remember when you were this little", from people I don't know, nor remember.

I was only here in celebration of my cousins life, that's it, that's all.

"Mama you ok ?" Jameer whispered in my ear, making me nod my head.

"Yea, I just kinda don't wanna be here no more, this entire process has been draining." I explained, breathing heavily as I shook my head.

"I know." He said, rubbing my thigh in a soothing manner as he kissed my cheek.

Hearing the intro to the song Must be nice by Lyfe Jennings, I hoped and prayed that I could keep my feelings at bay.

"Must be nice, having someone who understands the life you live." I sung, kicking my feet back and forth a little as I looked at them.

"𝘔𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦. 𝘔𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘬. 𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘫𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘴 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘔𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦" Lyfe Jennings sung.

The next part always made me emotional, and I couldn't tell you why, but now it felt like it was hitting me like a ton of bricks. Reality was slowly sinking in for me, I was sitting here, in this venue, with a piece of my favorite cousin around my neck, listening to his favorite song without him here to obnoxiously rap it.

Amarion always played this song, and said that he could relate to it in multiple ways. This was the only song I would give him a pass to scream at the top of his lungs.