𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓

𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟖, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎
𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐓𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐬

𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟖, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐓𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐬

𝐍𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐢-𝐀𝐳𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬

Hearing a phone ring, I nudged Jameer while moving around a little.

"Answer yo phone ." I spoke, burying my head deeper into his neck.

"That's not my phone Zure, that's yours." He grumbled back, moving around trying to get comfortable again.

"Mmcht man who the fuck is this." I said harshly, while squinting my eyes at the screen.

Answering my phone, I placed it up to my ear instantly being greeted by a voice.

"Nylani you gotta get down to the shop." I heard, a hoarse voice say in a slightly panicked tone.

"Huh ?" I replied, shaking Jameer and getting out of the bed.

"It's the s-shop you g-gotta get down here." The voice spoke once again, and I recognized it as Remi's.

"Alright here I come." I replied, snatching a hoodie off one of the hangers in my closet.

"What happened ?" Jameer asked, sliding on some slides as he grabbed his phone.

"I don't know Remi just told me to get to the shop." I said sliding my Prada slides on, rushing down the steps with my phone in my hand.

Snatching my keys off my key ring, I opened the door locking the bottom lock in the process, with Jameer hot on my trail.

Jogging over to my hellcat as I started it with my key, I opened the drivers side door sliding into my car. Allowing Jameer to shut his door, I threw my car in drive and sped out the gate as it opened.

My heart was in my ass, and my thoughts were everywhere right now. What could have possibly happened to my shop at four something in the morning.

I was supposed to be sleeping right now, recovering from having my guts rearranged by the best dick I received in my life but I was doing the complete opposite.

Feeling Jameer rub my thigh, easing my nerves I snapped back into reality. Quickly turning a 20 minute drive to 8, I stopped and threw my car into park. Looking at the street, I sighed heavily as I saw fire fighters, ambulance, and police officers blocking almost the entire front of the street. Opening my car door and hopping out, I slightly sprinted over heading to the front of my shop.

"What happened ?" I asked anybody willing to answer me, while trying to get to the shop.

"Are you the owner ?" A cop asked me, holding me back by my upper arms.

"Yes, can somebody please tell me what happened ?" I asked looking around, as I looked at what was once my shop.

"It seems that the shop caught on fire, this is going to be an on going investigation because of how the inside looks. The fire fighters were the first here because of the fire alarm was going off non stop." The officer explained calmly, looking at me.

"If you can follow me so I could further explain why this is an on going investigation." He said, motioning towards the shop.

Following him we walked in and my heart shattered. I ran my hands down my face harshly rubbing my eyes.

"We took a look around and noticed that some of this isn't just from a fire, the mirrors were shattered, wires were cut, certain tools were broken, and the office looks ran sacked." He informed me, pointing these things out as he spoke.

Looking around, I couldn't do anything but shake my head as a lump formed in my throat. I had put my all into my shop, this was my first born and to see it like this had me sick to my stomach.

"We pulled the surveillance and it looked like there were three people, we looked for signs of forced entry before checking the surveillance and there was none. So this person may have had a key to get in. Which is why an alarm probably didn't go off." He further explained, shaking his head. I knew exactly what he was hinting at, and I completely understood.

"Thank you." I said after swallowing the lump, allowing him to shake my hand goodbye.

"No problem just doing my job, here's my card. We took your number from one of the workers so we'll keep in touch to keep you updated." He said, before walking off nodding his head.

Turning around, I was met with Jameer giving me a soft smile with his hands in his hoodie pockets.

"Papa look at this shit, everything I worked for is fucking destroyed." I said, holding my arms out as I spoke while looking around. My shop was in literal, shambles and that shit was eating me up inside.

"I know mama." He replied sighing, while walking over to me pulling me into a hug. But once again, I heard and phone ringing and vibrations against my tittie. Pulling my phone out, I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was my mom calling. Answering the phone, I placed it up to my ear. Laying my head on Jameers chest, I spoke into the phone.

"Yea ma, why you up so late ?" I spoke, sniffing a little to hold my tears back as Jameer rubbed my back.

"Nylani they shot him !" I heard her say through sobs, which instantly made me furrow my eyebrows and look up at Jameer.

Finally letting the words sink in, my heart dropped. Shaking my head, I moved out of Jameers embrace feeling like I was suffocating. Gathering myself as best as I could, I answered my mother.

"T-T-hey who, ma w-who got s-shot." I stuttered, trying my hardest to focus on holding myself up, listen to my mother, and remembering how to breathe correctly.

"They shot him Nylani, they shot A-." She was cut off by me dropping the phone, as my breathing picked up and I lost all control over it.

Thoughts ?

Questions ?

-Introvert outt !! 🤾🏽‍♀️

Vote, comment, and share .