So Called Disgust

TW: leukemia

Y/N looked at the Gryffindor table in pure disgust.

She didn't want to hate them, but something in her wanted to and made her annoyed and frustrated about it that she'd ignore the topic.

Draco, her friend, nudged her. "Staring at Potter are we?" He joked.

Y/N held a disgusted expression. "Gross."

Blaise rolled his eyes at them as Pansy kept talking to him about some family issue.

After their meal, the four walked to their Potions class.

And as they were, they were greeted by the Golden Trio.

Hermione and Ron held mean faces while Harry held the same and disgusted one like Y/N's earlier.

Ron scoffed at them as they passed by, completely having an eye argument.

After a whole day of school, Y/N lied down on her bed and took a deep sigh.

She then heard a faint knock on her window. She slowly got up and saw it was her parents' owl with a letter attached to its neck.

She opened her window and allowed the owl to have some of her owls food as she took the letter and began to read it.

Dearest Y/N,
            I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry for not writing to you, darling. But we have just received some traguc news. Recently I have not been feeling well.  And we decided to go see a doctor. Just a few minutes ago I was diagnosed with leukemia.  I will not be able to write to you as much as before because I will be needing lots of rest to heal. I miss you so much and hope to see you soon. Please do well and always remember that I love you very very much.

  Sincerely,  mom

After she read it,  she broke down in tears.

Y/N came from a family of Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. And them accepting her, (especially her mom) as a Skytherin was big and happy relief for her. And hearing that her mother might die, made her life feel like it's starting to go downhill. 

Y/N got up, wrote a letter to her mom and sent the owl away to deliver her letter and went up to the Astronomy Tower, her only safe place aside from the kitchens.

Y/N sat down on the ground and looked up at the sky. She took a deep breath in and exhaled softly.

After, she felt so confused, sad and probably anger or frustration.  So many mixed emotions.

Her quiet atmosphere was disturbed when she heard footsteps coming her way.

She wiped her eyes quickly before standing up and facing the person who came in.

"Who are you?" She loudly said, her voice cracking somewhere in the sentence.

"L/N?" The familiar voice of Harry Potter said.

Her eyes widened. "What are you doing here?" She said.

Harry spoke, "Just wanted to clear my mind. You?" Y/N shook her head and turned to the railings of the tower and held it.

"It's...complicated."

Harry nodded and approached her slowly, his back resting on the bars.

"I saw you crying, do you want to talk about it?" He asked. Y/N thought for a moment. "Yeah, maybe I do."

"Alright,  tell me. Take your time." Harry softly said and looked into her beautiful e/c eyes.

"My mother told me she was recently diagnosed with leukemia." She said after a few moments.

Harry's jaw dropped to the floor.

He looked at her in sympathy and hugged her.

Y/N was surprised for a moment before hugging Harry back.

"I thought we were enemies..."

"That was just our so called disgust for each other."

Idk what to feel about this chapter