Only You

Prompt: Hermione reassures Y/N

----------

Y/N and Hermione were fast asleep, their bodies warming eachothers, their hands intertwined. Y/N felt a slight nudge on her shoulder. She snapped her eyes open, a slightly annoyed looked etched on her face.

"What is it, Har?" she mumbled sleepily, feeling her eyes close to giving up on her.

"Can you wear your jacket and come out of the tent? It's important. I'll wait outside." muttered Harrys voice. The girl gave him a daze nod and he made his way out.

Y/N yawned and carefully removed her hand from Hermiones as she got up from the bed, trying to make as little noise as possible. She wore her jacket and took a glance at the bushy haired girl, her eyebrows quirking up in confusion.

Hermiones arm was moving to the place Y/N had just left, but her eyes were still closed, her breathing slow and steady, meaning she was still fast asleep.

And out of curiosity, Y/N placed her hand on the spot she had just been, the bushy haired girls hand landing on top of hers, almost instantly interlocking their fingers once again. Y/Ns lips curled into a smile, her heart melting at the action. She slowly, and gently removed her hands again and left the tent.

"What is it, Har-"

Y/N stopped mid-sentence as she spotted the red-haired boy, the sword of Gryffindor next to him as well as the locket.

"Ronnie." smiled Y/N.

"Hey." said Ron with a wide smile, thankful that the girl hadn't shouted at him for leaving. "Listen, we need to break the locket with the sword." he said.

"I'll open it in parseltongue, then you guys stab it. Okay?" said Harry in a sudden business-like tone, handing the sword to Ron.

"Should be a piece of cake." shrugged a completely unbothered Y/N. "Alright boys, let's get started."

----------

Y/N got back to the tent with a saddened expression on her face, the bushy haired girl immediately taking notice. Hermione patted the spot next to her, indicating for the girl to sit down. Y/N only reluctantly obeyed.

"Y/N?" said Hermione softly, looking at the girl, trying to catch her eye. But the girl was looking everywhere and anywhere but Hermione. "Hey." frowned Hermione, cupping Y/Ns jaw, tilting it slightly to meet those slightly glossed eyes.

"What's wrong?" asked a bewildered Hermione, feeling her heart constrict at the saddened look etched upon her girlfriends face.

Y/N shut her eyes close, taking a deep breath, ready to let everything out. "The locket did something last night. It attacked Ron and I. Not physically, more like a mental attack." she started out, feeling Hermiones thumb gently caressing her cheek.

"It started to become our fears. Rons was spiders and some other stuff.." she continued, her voice trailing off as she knew what the bushy haired girl was about to say.

"And what about you?" asked Hermione, hoping that Y/N wouldn't stop the conversation here. "C'mon, my love."

"Well- er. A figure of you and Harry showed up and uhm.."

"What were we doing?" asked Hermione, her eyebrows furrowing with suspicion.

"You..You went on a rant about how you never loved me." said Y/N plainly, not meeting the bushy haired girls eyes but she could practically feel her frown. "You said that you were simply using me to get closer to Harry. Said that I didn't deserve you and that I was nothing compared to the Chosen One. Then you guys started snogging and yea."

"I know it wasn't you and I'm not mad at you for it— I'd be stupid to be mad at something you didn't even do." she rambled, words spilling from her mouth without even thinking what she was saying. "I'm being stupid— I'm sorry I should just shut up-"

And she certainly shut up, due to the fact that Hermione pulled her into a gentle kiss, her free hand gently stroking the hair on Y/Ns nape. Neither made a move to deepen the kiss. Hermione pulled away, resting her forehead against Y/Ns as she gazed into those eyes that were hiding so much.

"Y/N. Please don't ever think that I don't love you. I don't love Harry in that way. I don't love anyone else the way that I love you. You know that I wouldn't leave you, right? That you're the only one I want? Tell me that you know that, Y/N." said Hermione softly, yet a hint of sterness in her voice.

"Yeah. Yeah I do." said Y/N shyly, her eyes darting downwards on her sweatshirt. Hermione let out a sigh, tilting her head again, seeing the hesitation in her lover's eyes.

"Look." said Hermione, placing her hand on top of Y/N's, gently grabbing them. She slowly guided them up her chest, Y/N's fingertips brushing against the fabric. She stopped at her pulse point, giving you a meaningful look.

"Do you feel that?" asked Hermione. The girl knew what she was referring to. Y/N barely had to press her finger to feel her heartbeat, it basically felt like it was about to pump out of her chest any second. "You're the only one that makes me feel this way without doing anything." she said in almost a whisper.

Hermione watched Y/N cautiously, looking for some sort of reaction. Y/Ns lips curled into a soft smile, her saddened expression being replaced with a soft one. Smiling at her reaction, she pulled her in another kiss, savouring each and every moment.

----------

945 words