Dracula

----------

"Oh hurry up, Ron." said an exasperated Hermione. "Hurry up! Beauxbatons and Durmstrang are probably in the Great Hall already!" she hurried.

"Alright alright!" said Ron, tying his shoelace. The Golden Trio rushed to the Great Hall, letting out a sigh of relief as they realised they were just in time. They sat down on the Gryffindor table, waiting eagerly in their seats.

The door opened and stepped in a around a dozen or more students dressed in light blue silky robes, a rather large Headmistress right behind them.

"They're all blondes." observed Ron in awe. "Hold on— there's one with dark hair, the one wearing a muffler—"

"They're all wearing a muffler, Ronald." sighed Hermione with a shake of her head. The whole lot of them sat at the Ravenclaw table, all of them except the girl with dark hair.

"Can I sit here?" the girl with dark hair asked Hermione. The bushy haired girl was initially taken aback by her raspy voice, her mind going blank for a second. "Uhm..the other table was full— you know what I can just sit somewhere else–"

"No," said Hermione instantly. "I-I was just zoning out, sorry. You can sit here beside me." she smiled, patting the empty spot next to her.

The girl sat down and finally took off her muffler, revealing her full self, all eyes suddenly falling onto her, including Hermione's.

She had dark, shiny hair. Her face was a bit pale, her jawline prominent as well as her slightly hollowed cheeks. But her vivid crimson eyes caught all of Hermione's attention.

"I'm Hermione Granger." she introduced herself eagerly, not even caring about the Durmstrang lot coming in.

"Y/N Count Dracula. Fourth year." responded Y/N, turning her head to face Hermione, taking in her appearance. Good God, they made girls just fine in Beauxbatons, but this Gryffindor Girl? Blimey, she outshone every veela Y/N encountered.

Perhaps maybe it was because of her kind honey-brown eyes. But Y/N also found herself admiring her freckles, or how pretty she looked with her bushy haired tied up in a high ponytail.

"Count Dracula?" repeated Hermione, her tone now excited. "Oh are you his daughter? I've read all about him and vampires of course. I figured that you might be a vampire because of your eyes. I read that a vampire that had just fed on human blood would have crimson—"

Hermione shut herself up as she realised she was rambling as always, her head lowering down, bringing her hands to her face in embarrassment.

"Merlin, I'm rambling again. Sorry." mumbled Hermione apologetically. She lifted her head up only to find Y/N watching her with a smirk plastered on her pale face.

"Don't be. It's adorable." said Y/N simply with a shrug. Hermione averted her gaze on the table in attempt to hide her flustered state as she trapped her bottom lip between her teeth to contain herself from squealing.

"Friends?" asked Y/N hopefully with a small smile, lowering her head slightly to catched the bushy haired girls gaze.

"Of course." responded Hermione, returning the smile.

----------

Several weeks had passed and the two girls were almost inseparable. They usually spent their time in the back of the library as Hermione rambled about whatever she read.