Unforgettable

----------

"It's that time of the month again." whispered Hermione to Y/N, a groan leaving her lips as her stomach made uncomfortable turns.

"That's my cue to leave and or shut up." responded Y/N, shooting Hermione a terrified look. She knew damn well how her best friend acts when it was that time of the month, it basically made Y/N feel like she was getting harshly reprimanded by her mother.

"Don't." said Hermione with a low sigh, grabbing her arm gently as she rested her head on Y/N's chest, snuggling her head closer. "I want you." she sighed, fluttering her eyes close.

"Mione, you do realise everyone's gawking at us, right?" said an amused Y/N with raised eyebrows, her hand gently stroking Hermione's bushy hair.

"I don't remember asking." snapped Hermione, though her voice was a bit muffled as she continued to snuggle her head closer. "Let them gawk all they want, it makes me feel better."

"How come?" asked Y/N.

"Because then they'll know that you're mine." said Hermione in almost a whisper. Y/N was quite taken aback, but still rather pleased. Her lips curled into a small smile as she continued to stroke Hermione's bushy hair.

"Y/N, Hermione." said Harry, walking over to them. "Umbridge wants the both of you. Probably to interrogate you like she did to me." he explained.

"That old toad." sighed an exasperated Y/N as both of the girls stood up, groans escaping their lips.

----------

"Did Professor Umbridge ask you anything personal?" asked Draco immediately once Y/N stepped out of her office. "I tried to persuade her to not give you any veritasium but—"

"I'm fine, Draco." shrugged Y/N. "She barely had any question to ask about me. Anyways, thanks for trying to persuade her, but that was sort of Gryffindor-ish of you." she teased.

"Oh shut up." sneered Draco, putting on his tough and cold demeanor once again with a roll of his eyes. "I'll leave you with Granger." he said, waving her goodbye as he turned his back on her, departing to his dorm.

"The veritasium won't wear off for another ten minutes." said Hermione from beside Y/N, her hand instantly searching for Y/N's, their fingers intertwining.

"Really? How about I ask you a few questions." snickered Y/N jokingly, yet the bushy haired girls face contorted in annoyance.

"Just shut up, honestly." scoffed Hermione rather harshly. Y/N's face fell at the coldness in her tone.

"I—"

"I said shut the fuck up!" shouted an exasperated Hermione, and before she knew it, words were spilling out of her mouth without her even thinking of them.

"You're honestly so annoying! I told you to shut up but you just can't keep that big fat mouth of yours shut! You're so revolting!" she rambled. "You know what? Sometimes you make me regret meeting you!"

Each and every word that Hermione uttered was like a knife stabbing Y/N straight in the chest with each word she spat. She could feel her eyes sting, her nose burning slightly. Her vision was blurry, her eyes glossed over with unshed tears.

Her grip on Hermione's hand fell limp. Hermione clapped her hand over her mouth in shock, realising everything that she had just said. She immediately regretted everything, seeing Y/N's reaction.

"W-Wait— I didn't mean that." said Hermione quickly. She watched as a tear fell down onto Y/N's face, her hand instinctively rising up to wipe it off, but Y/N turned her face to wipe it off herself.

"Veritasium won't wear off for another five minutes." said Y/N, her voice cracked and her breathing uneven and heavy. "Convenient, huh?" she said coldly.

She pulled her wand out of her robe, the bushy haired girl watching her with a saddened, yet bewildered look plastered on her freckled face. Y/N pointed the tip of her wand at her head.

"What are you—"

"Obliviate."

Hermione's eyes widened in shock, a gasp escaping from her lips. She gazed into Y/N's eyes, watching something white swirling in them.

Hermione shook her head with glossed over eyes, the scene replaying non stop in her head, not daring to believe that it actually happened. Fear pooled in her stomach along with guilt, her chest heaving up and down with hitched breath.

She couldn't lose Y/N. She'd never forgive herself if she lost her.

"Y/N?" said Hermione uncertainly, her voice coming out cracked and faded. After she was only given silence as a respond, she cupped Y/N's face, turning it to look at her. "Y-Y/N?"

"I'm sorry, who are you?"

----------

I mean the next part could be a happy one but like sad and despair is so🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️