Heart Like Yours: 3

( part 2 got deleted for having smut.)
----------

Battle of Hogwarts

"Harry Potter..is dead!"

There was a loud cheer, applause and cackled laughter from the Death Eaters side, along with the Dark Lord's daughter, standing right beside him.

Y/N could feel Hermione's gaze on her, but she didn't meet her eyes, she was looking everywhere and anywhere but her, knowing that she would crumble if she saw the look on her face.

Hermione's world crumbled before her eyes, disintegrated, even. Along with everyone she ever loved. She could feel her heart constricting at the sight of her lover standing on the opposite side.

She remained alone with the mere scraps of what used to be her life. And now, she stood weak and vulnerable, alone.

"Where's 'Arry?!" said Hagrid suddenly, looking down at his hands where Harry's lifeless body used to be.

"Protego!" shouted Harry.

There was a loud gasp of relief and Y/N took this opportunity to run over to her lover, arms wrapping around her, grasping and clawing her sweatshirt as Hermione let out a sigh of relief.

"Y/N!"

Spells started flying everywhere around them. Their hands interlaced, firing spells back. It was as though their whole worlds revolved around eachother.

They fought together, protected eachother, they were even prepared to die for one another.

It was reckless, really. Here they were, not caring about their inevitable death. After all, they were dying for love. And what else would you possibly want to die for?

And after several brutal moments, the battle was done. They had finally vanquished the Dark Lord.

Hermione saw her two best friends emerging from the crowd. She gave Y/N a meaningful, and the girl responded with a smile, letting go of her hand.

Little did they know that the battle wasn't fully over yet.

Y/N watched her lover run to Harry and Ron, the three huddling up, hugging eachother. Y/N watched her with utter adoration. That was, until Bellatrix fired a spell, hitting her right in the chest.

Hermione turned around, her eyes widening in shock.

And just like that, a single spell changed her life. Both of their eyes met. The bright light in Y/N's life converted to darkness, her blurry vision witnessing Hermione rushing towards her, despite being far too late.

I suppose happy endings are unrealistic.

After all, here she is, her final chapter coming to a close. If happy endings occured as often as they did in those fairytales, perhaps she wouldn't feel the need to get to the last page so quickly.

Unfortunately, her story wasn't one of the happy ones. And so instead she lay on the cold floor, without a heartbeat.

And Hermione was far too late. She fell on the floor, her hands grasping the lifeless body of her lover, tears dropping down onto her sweatshirt.

Her scream of nothing but pain could've deafened those around her. She gaped at the sight of the lifeless body under her. Those cold eyes not having their warmth for her anymore.

It had barely been a minute, and Hermione already missed her eyes and smile. She felt herself crumble, her hands shaking uncontrollably.

All she wanted was a life with her lover. But her lover wasn't here to give her that.

The End. Or is it?

----------

6 Months Later

Flashback to 6 months ago

"Mine is better." stated Hermione proudly, as they compared eachothers daisy chains, persuading Y/N to agree, before she shook her head with a smile.

End of Flashback

"Mine is better."

She murmured tearfully, setting the daisy chain down on her gravestone.

Harry gave her a gentle pat on the back, the bushy haired girl giving a sniffle in response.

"Here." said Harry, handing her a rock.

Hermione gaped at him as he walked away. Her feets shuffled on the grass rather nervously as she snapped her eyes close, turning the rock around.

She fluttered her eyes open.

"Missed me?" smirked Y/N

----------